last minute beg, borrow, steal (AR)

N

nancee

Originally Posted by Plowboy
Nancee,

Why don't you make a new thread with a list of everything you'd need. We can work together to come up with chit you can borrow. I'm sure between all of us in the KC area, we can get you what you need.

OK we aren't too bad off I don't think

So the list list seems to be mainly the items we can't fly with for one reason or another
So on top of what has already been discussed this looks like the wish list:
tent(s)
sleeping bags(3)
fire extinguisher
lantern(s)...unless you guys think its bright enough on Wyoming we don't need any light
wash, dry sanitize tubs
hand washing station
water jug or hose
weber kettle
chimney

I figure most everything else we can buy out there ie foil, lump, wood chunks, meat, sauce, etc

Or am I wrong?

If anyone thinks of something I have obviously forgotten, please let me know before I Fark up big time...

Thanks to all
nancee

Originally Posted by Plowboy
tent(s)
sleeping bags(3)
fire extinguisher
lantern(s)...unless you guys think its bright enough on Wyoming we don't need any light
wash, dry sanitize tubs
hand washing station
water jug or hose
weber kettle
chimney

I'll supply...

Fire Extinguisher
Lantern (Rechargeable)
Tubs
water jug
kettle
chimney

We have a couple tents, but they are big pole tents. May be a beyotch to haul over to your spot and back. They will be there if you are in a bind and need one. We won't use both... I don't think.

I also have an air mattress and some hickory chunks if you want.

Was there anything else you were expecting from us?

no that is great. Means I won't get DQd for something stupider than usual... I may even be able to fit our tents in luggage( these are sleeping tents not canopies). Although with the forecast that was posted, we'd be fine in fold down chairs and a couple of throws...
You had mentioned you had a couple of chairs...I don't think Bill is coming in too early Friday...

the otehr thing I forgot was some sort of heat source ie propane or butane stove. I would think I can fly with a small stove as long as I don't have fuel, right?

I presume Sam's will have things like meat, royal oak, foil ,etc or will they be all sold out?
thanks again for all your help & bailing my butt out on this...I guess I get the next check...
nancee

I'll supply...

Fire Extinguisher
Lantern (Rechargeable)
Tubs
water jug
kettle
chimney

We have a couple tents, but they are big pole tents. May be a beyotch to haul over to your spot and back. They will be there if you are in a bind and need one. We won't use both... I don't think.

Sam's will even be on site with many of those items.
Wood will be available there also.

The cooker you are going to be using also has a grill on it.
It is a King Gator... and may even be double walled like the BW you are used to.
http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/ck_larg.html

I'll try to track down tubs for you. I also have a propane burner you are welcome to use. I'll just assume you need it and pack it.

I'll have a couple extra bag chairs for you.

no that is great. Means I won't get DQd for something stupider than usual... I may even be able to fit our tents in luggage( these are sleeping tents not canopies). Although with the forecast that was posted, we'd be fine in fold down chairs and a couple of throws...
You had mentioned you had a couple of chairs...I don't think Bill is coming in too early Friday...

the otehr thing I forgot was some sort of heat source ie propane or butane stove. I would think I can fly with a small stove as long as I don't have fuel, right?

I presume Sam's will have things like meat, royal oak, foil ,etc or will they be all sold out?
thanks again for all your help & bailing my butt out on this...I guess I get the next check...
nancee

Nancee,

I've got the Brisket Catcher covered (Borrowed it from Sled along with his famed fish stick and 13th place chicken recipe's)....What else should I bring?

Looking forward to AR....thank you all for your Brethren help and generosity!!

See you in KC soon...!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff :)!

Hey!! I want Sled's 13th place chicken recipes as well!! They'd be improvements over the stuff I've BEEN cooking! :lol:

Hey!! I want Sled's 13th place chicken recipes as well!! They'd be improvements over the stuff I've BEEN cooking! :lol:

13th at the Royal. Hell yeah! I'll take them, too.

now what was I thinking???!!!

How could we forget to ask the almighty question...is there a place to buy alchohol (beer & wine OK) between the airport and the royal late at night???

if this sounds stupid, remember kill time in CT is 8pm and go to church on sundays...

thanks
nancee, greg and cliff

I'll supply...

Fire Extinguisher
Lantern (Rechargeable)
Tubs
water jug
kettle
chimney

I can't wait to see how everything works out. Wish I was there catchin briskets.

You got until 1:00 am to buy booze in KC. Northerners (north KC people), does Barry Road have a 24 hour grocery store near I-29?

In MO, you can buy all kinds of booze at grocery stores. In KS only liquor stores sell the hard stuff. I-29 is in MO and is the interstate between the airport and Kemper. Barry Road is the main road up north, nice area and if it has a 24 grocery store
(either Price Chopper or Hy Vee should have about everything you need to pick up).

How could we forget to ask the almighty question...is there a place to buy alchohol (beer & wine OK) between the airport and the royal late at night???

if this sounds stupid, remember kill time in CT is 8pm and go to church on sundays...

thanks
nancee, greg and cliff
CT and the boos. I go out driving around CT for about 45 minutes looking to pick up a bottle of vodka for me and abox of wine for nancee during bluesaque. Here in NY you purchase liquor at a "liquor store" not in CT, Im driving aimlessly looking for the big :liquor sign when i finally ask somebody who informs me its called a "package store" would love to find out the history about that name one of these days. All ended well, i got my absolut mandarin and nancee got her box of wine:biggrin:

You got until 1:00 am to buy booze in KC. Northerners (north KC people), does Barry Road have a 24 hour grocery store near I-29?

In MO, you can buy all kinds of booze at grocery stores. In KS only liquor stores sell the hard stuff. I-29 is in MO and is the interstate between the airport and Kemper. Barry Road is the main road up north, nice area and if it has a 24 grocery store
(either Price Chopper or Hy Vee should have about everything you need to pick up).

Hy-Vee

Nancee, when you come down I-29 (South), get off at NW Barry Road. Should be able to find booze right off of that exit. It isn't too far from the airport.

Otherwise, look up Hodedo... I think he'll have a farking Budweiser truck in his spot.

well that should do the job nicely so thanks. anyone with any last minute requests can send the to me on my cell...
yeah sled, ct sucks...

nancee

ok so about directiions from mci to AR?

don't forget we're yankees...thanks Todd...

Hy-Vee

Nancee, when you come down I-29 (South), get off at NW Barry Road. Should be able to find booze right off of that exit. It isn't too far from the airport.

don't forget we're yankees...thanks Todd...

1.Head southwest on Int'l Circle toward Amsterdam Circle0.5 mi
1 min
transparent.png
2.Continue straight onto LP Cookingham Dr (signs for Airport exit)1.7 mi
2 mins
transparent.png
3.Merge onto I-29 S/US-71 S via the ramp to Kansas City10.7 mi
11 mins
transparent.png
4.Take exit 2B to merge onto US-169 S toward Kansas City Downtown5.6 mi
7 mins
rarrow01.png
5.Turn right at W 5th St/US-169 S (signs for I-35 S/US-24 W/US-169/I-70 W)121 ft
larrow01.png
6.Merge onto I-35 S via the ramp on the left to Wichita0.5 mi
1 min
transparent.png
7.Take exit 2W for 12th St0.1 mi
rarrow01.png
8.Turn right at 12th St Viaduct0.4 mi
1 min
transparent.png
9.Continue on W 12th St0.1 mi
larrow01.png
10.Turn left at Genessee St0.4 mi
2 mins
rarrow01.png
11.Turn right at American Royal Dr

hit the print button

cya tomorrow nite!!! thanks again!!!
nancee, greg & cliff

1.Head southwest on Int'l Circle toward Amsterdam Circle0.5 mi
1 min
transparent.png
2.Continue straight onto LP Cookingham Dr (signs for Airport exit)1.7 mi
2 mins
transparent.png
3.Merge onto I-29 S/US-71 S via the ramp to Kansas City10.7 mi
11 mins
transparent.png
4.Take exit 2B to merge onto US-169 S toward Kansas City Downtown5.6 mi
7 mins
rarrow01.png
5.Turn right at W 5th St/US-169 S (signs for I-35 S/US-24 W/US-169/I-70 W)121 ft
larrow01.png
6.Merge onto I-35 S via the ramp on the left to Wichita0.5 mi
1 min
transparent.png
7.Take exit 2W for 12th St0.1 mi
rarrow01.png
8.Turn right at 12th St Viaduct0.4 mi
1 min
transparent.png
9.Continue on W 12th St0.1 mi
larrow01.png
10.Turn left at Genessee St0.4 mi
2 mins
rarrow01.png
11.Turn right at American Royal Dr

Sweet, Andy's only one row away from me ... think he can get some Miller Lite thrown in there? :mrgreen:

Back