New home fridge and freezer temps

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
Hey Farks, got a new fridge/freezer this afternoon. Im wondering what your thoughts are on the temp for the fridge and the freezer? Book doesnt really say. Thank god its printed in 3 different languages though.

Any thoughts?

Mike:idea:

Well you don't want the fridge above 40* and certainly not below 32*
Go from there.

Right Joe, thanks for the fast comeback. What is the optimum temps you would use in your home unit? Also what you run the freezer at? I realize it will take the unit to stabilize until tomorrow but unsure of the freezer temp.

bbqbull said:
Right Joe, thanks for the fast comeback. What is the optimum temps you would use in your home unit? Also what you run the freezer at? I realize it will take the unit to stabilize until tomorrow but unsure of the freezer temp.

Can you contol the freezer and fridge temps seperatly? For me, I run my fridge as cold as possible without freezing-bottom shelve is 34 degrees, top is 37. I will run my freezer as cold as possible, in my case with the Kitchenaid, it is about -10 degrees.
I run my deep freeze as cold as possible too. My new freezer is at -35 tonight.

BTW, with my fridge running at 34 degrees on bottom shelve, the meat locker is at 30 degrees.

our new fridge has digital settings. I keep the fridge @ 36 and the freezer at -8. Thats the default settings on the front panel.

be careful running it to cold and to full. i have frozen eggs in the box several times and some other items on the back of the shelves.

If I stay below 40 in the kitchen fridge I'm happy, so I don't have to worry about getting greens too cold or freezing eggs as someone mentioned.

The beer fridge, and where I usually start thawing meat a week or more in advance is between 33-35 if left unopened for a while.

Thanks for the responses brothers. Thats how we ill keep it.

Mike

Back