Do You Like This Site?????

Me too, I also re-upped in March. I don't want to loose our crazy little club house!

Just re-upped for 2009. So you will have to put up with me for another year. No BobBrisket No Angus for You!

yOU WILL NOT FIND NICER OR MORE HELPFULL PEOPLE ANYWHERE ON THE NET ! Well worth the Subcription.

My BBQBretheren............

YES, I enjoy this forum more than the other several I frequent. The people here don't seem to be as Clickish or standoffish. haring seems to not be a problem and the advise is mostly accurate.(shows professionalism).

Although I do not(or haven't ) competed; I do have a bit of knowledge for the BYC.And given the oportunity to throw down ,I would.

Many of the Characters I have communicated with are as friends now,i.e.-Cowgirl- eager to listen and return comments. Thanks Girl.:biggrin:

I am building a list of the Brethern I wish to meet someday and if not at a cook-off, a formal invitation to one of my backyard parties.(now each and everyone are invited-I mean to not include the entire group. However,if everyone does decide to come,well,I'll have to devise a plan#2.LMAO:wink:

Anyhow, I do like the BBQBrethern and intend to paruse for a long time to come.

Smoke Happy,
Stan aka bbqfans - Old School BBQ

Stan, Thank you! I've enjoyed getting to know you!

I've sure met a lot of nice folks here.. what a great group of people. :cool:

So far my weeks stay here has been pretty cool. Cowgirl is da bomb since it was her that brought me here. So far i have learned to:

make a smoker
make a smoke house
learn to sharpen knives
Cut st louis style ribs
make a rub or two
make smoked cheese
make bacon
what cold smoking is
and a few books to read.

Thanx for all the help and cool things i have learned. Now if i can apply them.

Donation!

Well I am New here and havent had alot of laughs and havent learned all that Much but from what I have read from all the BBQ Brethren.. I am Making a Donation to keep this site going...

CONSIDER IT DONE!

THat thing is Awsome .. Wonder if it would work well witht the UDS that I am MAking?

This forum is great and well worth the subscription. Great times and great friends are priceless!

I'm very new to this forum and have felt right at home. Thanks

I paid my first year subscription, and happy I did!

I just bought my first smoker, a Smoke Hollow Charcoal Wagon, from Sam's Club and am looking forward to learning from my mistakes and the experience of others. I am so glad that a forum like this exists to help us figure out what we're doing.

It's worth it...

This is a awesome site with great people that are willing to go out of their way to help you no matter what... Will be making a donation next week...

Yup. I love this place.
Hell, it's 1:37 AM, I've still gotta go and rub and prep a BUTT for smokin tomorrow, gotta get up early to prep ABT's, Fatties and PIGGLES........and I owe all of this recent HYSTERIA and OBSESSION to this very website.

I enjoyed doing it a lot before. Now that I know there's so many others out there with the same LOVE for 'Que........it makes it all somehow even MORE enjoyable.

I think about you guys (and gals.....) a lot when I have the "BBQ Stare" and the blue smoke is a-puffin..............sniff...

Anyway....it's time. Just became a subscriber. Love this place.
Thanks for all the love Brethren!!!!

yes this site RULES. whether you are a vet or rookie to smoking, there is more info on here that one could ever need. It sure does come in handy when you need something specific there are lots of people willing to share there useful info with you.

we appreciate it

Tuck

I too am a newb. Smoking largely limited to ribs and poultry. I have a 3.5# boneless pork shoulder ready to go on my Weber Bullet tomorrow. It'll be my first and am looking forward to the attempt. I have insufficient posts to pull recipes from this site but value the discussions nonetheless.

Thanks

This site is incredible. So great to get this many different viewpoints and pare down the BS to the essentials, like the brisket thread where I learned that to really understand how to put a rub together I should start w/ salt and pepper only, then add things one at a time to actually learn what each will add to the flavor profile.

Oh and I read almost the entire "Ugly Drum Smoker" last week :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back