Hamilton NJ Cook-off

Porkmeister

Knows what a fatty is.
I just got the info by e-mail on this one last night. It sure looks like they "permit " you a lot. There is a Fire/Tent permit plus a Temp. food Permit. Plus the entry fee and $75 for electric.

Have any of you guys done this one before?

It's real close to home for me. I'm thinking about it.

Mike

I believe this is a first year contest. Looks like the Mullane's are the KCBS reps who always handle that side of the contest very well.

So what is the total cost of the entry with all of the extras ?

It's also the same weekend as the Lowell contest in MA but that's a bit farther away from you. There is also a planned contest in Bridegeton, NJ the following weekend that I believe is also a first year contest. A few Brethren may have already signed up for that one.

I'm signed up for the one in Bridgeton. I was just thinking about maybe doing a back to back.

It says that the fees are $175 for no electric and $250 for electric. Plus you have to get the other permits from the City or Fire Dept? I'm thinking maybe I'll just drive over and say hello.

Mike

Is this their "Backyard" bbq contest that they held last year? If I recall, it seemed like an awful lot of money to enter for a backyard contest. I understand that you could really sell a lot of food there if you were vending though.

There is more info at http://hamiltonnj.com/ (look in the calendar section on the left side)

Hamilton Township Septemberfest BBQ COOK-OFF
4 Categories include ribs, chicken, pork, and brisket
This competition is KCBS SANCTIONED and all KCBS rules apply!
Saturday, September 8 – Sunday, September 9 –
Veterans Park, Kuser Road, Hamilton Township, New Jersey

Back