Thread: Brisket Smoke
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
timplu
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Brisket Smoke

Hey everyone! New member here and this is my first post to the forum so I decided to share my brisket cook from Sunday. I picked up a 4.5lb piece of meat from the local butcher and put her on early Sunday morning. I used a rub of paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and brown sugar. Trying it by itself I was worried about how much heat there would be, but once it was on and got some smoke, it was a mild heat that crept up. It took just under 6 hours in the smoker - I have an electric smoker and kept the temp around 250, give or take a few degrees either way. I used a combo of hickory and cherry wood which I really liked. I pulled it off when it hit 190 and wrapped it in foil and let it rest for an hour, then sliced her up.

Overall, I was very happy with it. I thought the flavor was good and it wasn't overpowered with smoke. I was able to bite through and pull a slice apart with no real problem too. I probably should have flipped it once because the bottom did get a little more done than the top portion of the meat, but it wasn't a big deal. It was enough meat for just myself and the wife, so our leftovers went to sliced brisket sandwiches with some sauce on just plain bread - simple, but really good.

Anyways, here are some pics of it.

Last edited by Ron_L; 07-24-2013 at 11:26 AM..
timplu is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->