Contest Announcment HOGFEST IN HISTORIC EDENTON I & II Apr. 27th, 28th, 29th 2012

Tarheel

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well it is offical, we are doing two contest in one weekend. Double the chances to win money and points. Entry forms are up on line at www.hogfestedenton.com. This will be a fun weekend for all. There is also another prize pool for those teams who cook Kings Mountain and Hogfest called the West to East challenge. Details are on the web site. If you have questions let me know. There is a early, early bird discount untill March 1st for $100 so get those entrys in early!

Roy
Tarheel Smokers

Well it is offical, we are doing two contest in one weekend. Double the chances to win money and points. Entry forms are up on line at www.edentonhogfest.com. This will be a fun weekend for all. There is also another prize pool for those teams who cook Kings Mountain and Hogfest called the West to East challenge. Details are on the web site. If you have questions let me know. There is a early, early bird discount untill March 1st for $100 so get those entrys in early!

Roy
Tarheel Smokers

Roy, when I click on the website, it no worky.

Update!!!

:-D There is something special coming down the pipeline and Hogfest will be part of it. It is dealing with a rib challenge! Extra money! Stay tuned!

Signed up, ready to go...

Now how to train to do a back to back comp. Got to get the body ready!

Looking forward to hearing about the rib challenge...

Well it is offical, we are doing two contest in one weekend.

Hey Roy, sounds similar to last year with KCBS and NCPC "whole hog" competition. Are you doing the NCPC again this year or like the rumors I've heard are you doing MBN or different totally? Looks like you are using KCBS judges for the "whole hog" blind box judging. Just wondering. THANKS!

Tom,

They are doing two KCBS comps back to back (Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

Hey Roy, sounds similar to last year with KCBS and NCPC "whole hog" competition. Are you doing the NCPC again this year or like the rumors I've heard are you doing MBN or different totally? Looks like you are using KCBS judges for the "whole hog" blind box judging. Just wondering. THANKS!

Hey Tom,

This will be two KCBS events one Friday/Saturday and one Saturday/Sunday
We are still doing the whole hog but it will be a blind box only as in previous years along with a pettiest pig. All of the judging will be with KCBS judges. I am looking for judges that can judge both but am filling in with those that are flexible or have judged in the past here.

This is the first event like this on the East Coast, there have been several on the West Coast and Arizona.

Cooks will have lots of opportunities for money and points that weekend in Edenton.

Roy

Roy, Gay and crew put on a great comp! Now we get two comps back-to-back without driving! Count Barbara and I in :-D

Update!!!

Just got home from Hogfest meeting, we will be having a all you can eat shrimp and oysters on Thursday night for our sponsors and cook teams that are there. So come early!:-D

In addition to the other prize money we are also providing a free entry to next years contest for the team with the highest combined overall score that cooks both contest. :clap::-D

Got several teams signed up already and just want to remaind everyone that the Early, Early bird discount runs out 1March and that is a $100 discount so dont miss it.:heh:

Roy, Has a prize schedule been announced yet for Hog fest? I looked on the website but saw it was blank.

We're looking at heading east or west that weekend and trying to finalize our schedule asap. It's an extremely interesting contest no doubt!

Thanks!

Roy, Has a prize schedule been announced yet for Hog fest? I looked on the website but saw it was blank.

We're looking at heading east or west that weekend and trying to finalize our schedule asap. It's an extremely interesting contest no doubt!

Thanks!
Sorry I missed this, yes the prize schedule is posted on the website now. 10k for each contest.

Also, time is running out for the early, early bird discount of $100. That expires March 1st. From then till April 1st you get a $50 discount. Those discounts are for those cooking both contest. Don't miss the free money guys!!

Smithfield is back with us this year again and they are providing a two pack of butts and a three pack of spares for each team free! They will have more at a substantially reduced price for you to order ahead.

HOGFEST!! HOGFEST!! BACK TO BACK!!! COME GET SOME!!!:crazy:

Back