Wisconsin BBQ

fweck

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
jbrinkler01 & my wife and I (not together, but if we can meet up it would be cool) will be traveling through Wisconsin this month, jbrink posted in road trips looking for BBQ suggestions, but nothing except The Giggler with wings and cheesecake (thanks but not what we were looking for:sad:) I seem to remember a Brethern with a restaraunt in WI, but don't remember who or where:mrgreen:.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm heading to Door County, and jbrink is on his way to the UP of Michigan.

I don't mind side tracking on the way there, and I think jbrink probably wouldn't mind either.

Can a Brethern help a couple of brothers out? :?:

Did you hear about the little bash there?

I'll be candid. Really good Q joints are as scarce as hens teeth in these parts. There is supposed to be a good one down Milwaukee way, in Kenosha or Racine.

If you're coming through my neck of the woods at the right time, I'll see what I can do about cooking you some good Q. :mrgreen:

No, little bash where? It's not a small state :rolleyes::-D

Harbormaster, little south of our path but if I can talk the wife into it we could be there saturday evening (11th) or thursday evening (16th?)

The FatAsh Bash. Billy's house. July 31-Aug2. Many Brothers will be present including Wyatt and myself.

If you are coming thru Wisconsin this weekend or just looking for something to do you could check this out...

http://www.wausauareaevents.org/events/ribfest.cfm

The Big Bull Falls Ribfest is being held in conjunction with the Wausau Balloon rally. Never had a chance to partake in the bbq there and will have to miss it this year too do to other engagements. The balloon rallies are pretty neat if you never been to one.

BBQ?

In Wisconsin???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Actually there's a fairly good BBQ joint in Appleton. Called Bates City Bar-B-Que at 651 W. Ridgeview Appleton, Wisconsin 920-882-2959

Mods hope I didn't mess up with the address and all change or delete if this is wrong

I'll be candid. Really good Q joints are as scarce as hens teeth in these parts. There is supposed to be a good one down Milwaukee way, in Kenosha or Racine.

You may be thinking of The BBQ Factory owned by Dr. Porkenstein. Unfortunately he had closed his doors. The economy caused the closing of a large factory that provided most of his business.

If you're coming through my neck of the woods at the right time, I'll see what I can do about cooking you some good Q. :mrgreen:
I wish you lived in Missouri, I drive that way a few times a year, KC, Sadella, Warrensburg, Clinton and end up in Warsaw.:cry::!:

I ate at Casey's bbq in Egg Harbor last week and was pretty happy with it. You might enjoy that stop while you're in Door County. I saw the big Southern Pride sitting outside and I had to stop. Being DC and all, they smoke with cherry wood. Also, in Sister Bay, there's a place called the Door County Cafe that has smoked ribs and pork on the menu. We stopped there last Sunday for breakfast on our way out of town and had some killer homemade corned beef and hash. The waitress mentioned that they had two smokers out back that they use for smoking, so I took a look.. They've got 2 offset chargrillers that they do all of their q on. I'm thinking that I'd stay away from the ribs there but I wouldn't be at all surprised if their pulled pork sandwich was pretty good. In general though, I don't think any q restaurant in Wisconsin would call me a regular. One more thing, no matter what book you read that talks about how good it is, just stay away from Smokey Jon's in Madison.

Casey's BBQ & Smokehouse - www.caseysbbqandsmokehouse.com
7855 Egg Harbor Rd, Egg Harbor - (920) 868-3038

Harbormaster, little south of our path but if I can talk the wife into it we could be there saturday evening (11th) or thursday evening (16th?)
I figured it'd be way off your route. Sat Jul 11 won't work, baseball tournament with one of the boys. And a week night would be tough for me to have any Q ready, know what I mean? Still, I could always grill something...
Bad part is there is nothing in this area to see, so no one has reason to come this way.

Thanks Brethren, knew I could count on you to provide some advise. Wausaua is on the way and so are some of the others. I'll report when we get back (leave tomorrow).
Thanks again:-D:-D
We'll being getting cheese for sure:rolleyes::redface::eek::-D

Thanks Brethren, knew I could count on you to provide some advise. Wausaua is on the way and so are some of the others. I'll report when we get back (leave tomorrow).
Thanks again:-D:-D
We'll being getting cheese for sure:rolleyes::redface::eek::-D

You want cheese then make a stop at Dairy State Cheese in Rudolph WI. Not far off your track and definitely worth the stop. Just south of Hwy 10 on Hwy 34.:biggrin:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...u7pLUE&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Like most things, if you want something done right...

And I thought I was all alone up here. Good to see other cheese head bbq connoisseurs.

Back