Heading to Fogo de Chao...

Stop eating a week before you go, skip their salad bar!!!:becky:

Stop eating a week before you go, skip their salad bar!!!:becky:

I have to disagree on the salad bar. I cook enough meat myself, that the salad bar is a highlight for me in any place like that. It would cost me a fortune in $ and fridge space to have the variety they do.

Man, I really want to try that place. Have heard nothing but great things. Haven't made it there yet.

Good luck! REPRESENT!!!!:becky::thumb:

Stop eating three days before you go. :p
This may seem strange, but if I am really hungry I can't eat that much - get full really quickly. If I'm not hungry but in the "yeah - I could eat" stage, I can pack it away.

I am really looking forward to trying the lamb. I have only had one encounter with lamb and that was when I was about 10 - my mom made lamb patties and served it with a side of mint jelly. It looked gross so I sat at the table for 3 hours before I was finally excused. (yes, when I was a kid you couldn't leave the dinner table untill you were excused - oh, and you had to eat what was served - I heard more then once from my mom that she was not a short order cook.

ditto, and take lots of cash

Isn't that what those little plastic cards are for???
Tonight is a special dinner - celebrating Big Al's birthday and a good friend of our's birthday. Fun night in Philly.

Have been there- get there early for parking. They give you a card- one side red the other green. Green means more food. Dont be afraid to use the red so you can take a break. Too much too fast = full. The lamb and beef are great. Let us know how it went. Have fun and enjoy. Congrats Big Al Hope you have a very Happy B Day

I've never been, but sure have drooled at their adverts. Maybe you'll be making some lamb for the love/hate throwdown after you get back. Pass on a big Happy Birthday to Big Al. I'm sure he'd be just as happy to have a quiet night at home. :wink:

Mrs Ash and I went several years ago to the one in Chicago and lemme say SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome

Get the picanha and lamb, enjoy the salad bar and fruit, use it to prepare for the meat courses. If possible and they allow you, ask for first cut, it costs more, but allows you the most variety. Not all Brazilian or Argentinian places do this custom, but, it means the meat comes to your table first.

Last edited:
Just got back - Service was great, the salad bar was delicious, and we had fun. The place was packed. The meats were good, but not as good as I had expected. I think I am just spoiled.

Just got back - Service was great, the salad bar was delicious, and we had fun. The place was packed. The meats were good, but not as good as I had expected. I think I am just spoiled.

I tried all the meats. I agree, they're not all that great IMO. By the end of the evening I was eating only two meats that were very good. One was beef and I believe the other was lamb.

Personally I think the place is overrated. Didn't want to spoil your experience.

Personally I think the place is overrated. Didn't want to spoil your experience.
Thanks for not raining on my parade. Friend we went with had been to this location a few times before and felt the meats were not as good as they had been the last two times he was there. We had a 6:00 pm reservation and the place was hopping even then. Also learned I am not a fan of lamb so... now I know.

None near me. But we have the supposed "largest Brazilian population outside of Brazil" in the city where I work. Given the number of Brazilian restaurants, I'll assume it's true. Awesome buffets. Low cost. They love their salt. And beans. Me too!

Sometime it hard to beat DIy food especially if you do a lot of it . I have notice over the years I enjoy going out to eat less.

Back