• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Things to look for at contest this year.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Due to the popularity of the Pit Masters series and all the hype on forums, I am guessing we will see a flood of new techies, rubs, spices and sauces. My guess, either the judges are in for a really good butt load of food or they had better bring plenty of Milk of Magnesia.

Expect to see.

Parkey blue squeeze bottles, everywhere.
Honey, more than usual.
Tiger sauce.
More brown sugar.
Green wood, especially peach.
Muffin pans.
Lighter fluid.
Injections of all kinds.
Blazing fires around 4:00am.
Wago Brisket and the equivalent of pork.
Jamie Geer pits.
Myron Mixon pits.
Turn in box insulated carriers.
Hot and fast cooking.
High dollar injectors.

And finally, a ho lot mo foul language.

Did I leave anything out? :p
Dave

Bring it on. You can have the best of everything but if you don't know how to use it, well then it doesn't really matter. I am glad to not be judging because there will certainly be many new and very sweet profiles.

And as we all learned from Pitmasters, trying something new week after week will land you firmly in the middle of the pack.
shiner.gif

Black pop up tents.

We had our damn black EZ-UP 5 damn years ago in damn Douglas, GA...
a long damn time before the damn pitmaster show. :wink:
(I love Myron... I'm just goofin')

I look forward to many new teams joining the ranks of the fire-crazed...

I'd guess that by this time next year, they will have either jumped ship (and their pits are on Craigslist) or become friends.
Win-win... doncha think?

For example... our grilling contest has 3 brand new teams signed up and 2 that are making the jump to a 4-category event from a 2-category.
We have a max of 18, so 5 'new' teams is pretty great. Spread the word.

One other small thing... I'd like to claim the name "pit-mistress" now, before someone else on TV does... :twisted:

I can tell the difference already.
For our CBJ class at the end of March we have twice the students compared to last year at this time. This might be the first year to close enrollment early.
I hope to secure more sponsorship with this new popularity for our Hudson Valley RibFest this year. ($$$...)

I don't think there will be huge influx of Jambo's, I think they will still be pretty rare. Wasn't there a wait list before the show came out?

Female cooks pretending they don't have a generater tucked away in a storage compartment...
ModelMaker

Right. Who in their right mind would compete with an electric powered rotisserie smoker without a backup plan? I just use a stoker and have a backup plan. I guess the same person that can't figure out that the guru isn't working because the plug isn't all the way in.

I'm working on growing gray, flowing locks of hair.
I kid you not, last weekend 2 cute 20-something year old girls came up to Myron and ran their fingers through his "beautiful hair", which "is even prettier in person!"
We about died laughing :lol::lol::lol:

We already have all those at Texas comps except the Mixon pits.

I'm working on growing gray, flowing locks of hair.
I kid you not, last weekend 2 cute 20-something year old girls came up to Myron and ran their fingers through his "beautiful hair", which "is even prettier in person!"
We about died laughing :lol::lol::lol:

LMAO! we can use some better hair at comps!

Back