• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Mama Mia...Now That's Italian" Throwdown!

Oh, and one of the dogs dug his face into the pan of Beef Ragu while we were eating. I guess it was technically my mistake for leaving it on the cart in the kitchen, which is low enough that he can do that.:tsk:

I was pissed. But, I guess it's my fault and I can't blame him. Although he sure got an earful last night!

Agreed... I'd much rather see sweater kittens dusted up with ragu than balls and sausages. :twitch:

Wow, and I thought CD was just going to pelt you with canned meatballs. :shock:

:pound:

I sympathize with loss of plans, Biggie, I'm facing my own loss this morning, too. Farking disappointing but I'm already on to Plan B. My original entry was going to be venison or elk Osso Bucco. I used to watch "Lydia's Italy" a lot with Chef Lydia Matticchio Bastianich where I was first introduced to Osso Bucco. I loved it. I wanted to find something less known than that for this TD but couldn't get past what osso bucco could be like from the kamado. Lydia had a recipe for venison osso bucco so I thought, okay, it's what I'm craving and if I can get elk or venison at the farm down the road maybe it's different enough. Midweek that farmer couldn't tell me what was left after last weekend and didn't get back to me. Wasn't there this morning, either. Probably outstanding in his field of elk. Went on Lydia's website again and found something I've never heard of which I already have most of the ingredients for, just need to get fresh herbs when I'm in town today. I'm sure Lydia's right and it will become a new favourite, but.... dayum, my teeth are set on that elk osso bucco.

Official Entry

I've never made a Calzone before but will absolutely be making them again sometime in the near future.

Here is the cook thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152939

Mr. Big - Please use this picture for the Vote Thread.

IMG_4541_zpsb5ac1e97.jpg

I agree with the first two stars, but I think we should get Duane Lee Chapman to portray you... :mrgreen:

He never stared in a Spaghetti Western, and he has a farking mullet. You sir, are no longer on my "good" list. :mmph:

You can get back on my "good" list by voting for me. Yeah, I'm a cheap date.

CD

He never stared in a Spaghetti Western, and he has a farking mullet. You sir, are no longer on my "good" list. :mmph:

You can get back on my "good" list by voting for me. Yeah, I'm a cheap date.

CD

I was working the "dog" the bounty hunter angle... I missed the Spaghetti Western connection. :redface:

Well I have returned from Sweden were I met with the famous Dr. Vinny Boom Bah. So tell me, honest opinion now, how do you like me new sweater kittens..:mrgreen:
100_1601.jpg

So let's see if I can cook with these new babies......:mmph: So here's the goods. An attmept at homemade sauce, spaghetti, Italian sausage, bread and some fine Chianti...........:grin:
100_15842.jpg

Here's the sauce cooking away.
100_1585.jpg

Sweet Italian Sausage on the grill
100_1591.jpg

Grate up some Parmigiano-Reggiano chesse
100_1589.jpg

Let the wine, Nipozzano Chianti 2008, breathe
100_1590.jpg

So far these new mounds are working just fine. :biggrin1: Now for the bread, stuffed with fresh mozzarella pearls, butter, garlic and fresh basil. Getting wrapped to go on the grill.
100_1586.jpg

Time to get the pasta boiling
100_1592.jpg

Let's see what we got here. I so hope I don't dribble all over my new toys...:twitch:
100_1594.jpg

And my Entry for the Sweater Kitten Italian TD..... Mamma Mia
100_1598.jpg

Thanks for looking, er gawking, uh watching............:mmph:

Here is my entry for the Italian throwdown. I've made an Italian Meatball Sandwich, the meatballs were homemade and smoked on a Weber kettle with applewood. The onions were grilled on the weber as well, the buns were then toasted with garlic butter (also on the weber), and assembled with fresh Italian mozzerella cheese and homemade marinara sauce.

Compliments of my wife, i've also included a mocha cupcake with Italian Espresso buttercream frosting, and homemade caramel drizzled on top.

I have also included a pic of my back yard with the snow we got so far this year.

Attachments

• IMG_5383.jpg
    IMG_5383.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Lesleyversion.jpg
    Lesleyversion.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5388.jpg
    IMG_5388.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 77
Back