• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Price of Pork

expatpig

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I went to my local grocery today in Northern Ontario, they had cryovac packaged Farmdale baby backs imported from the U.S., 2 racks per pkg for $45.00 or $8.20/lb. I bought an 8lb butt for $3.35/lb instead. OUCH! Are prices going up in the U.S. as well? If this keeps up I'm going to have to poach a moose, or that pesky bear that visits my yard everynight.

I paid $1.09/pound for butts last week at Restaurant Depot in Lombard, IL (Chicago area). Loin backs were $2.99/lb and spares were $1.79/lb.

Nope, the rising pork prices that everyone was worried about never happened. Just got 6 cases of St Louis trimmed ribs for $1.99. Thats a steal.

I think Costco still sells them for 3.99 / lb I stopped buying them at that price because spares still go for 1.99.

i got a case of butts for 85 cent a pound 2 weeks ago

Nope, the rising pork prices that everyone was worried about never happened. Just got 6 cases of St Louis trimmed ribs for $1.99. Thats a steal.

Where'd you get already trimmed for $1.99/lb?

Ouch, that would hurt my wallet and cut into my beer drinking money :becky:. I went to Kogers yesterday and got baby backs @ 2.47 # and pork butt @ .97 #

Yikes!!

Not sure what loin backs are going for now, I haven't bought any in over a month.
However I just paid $2.49/# for butt.

If you do get that moose I'd be willing to send you some ribs in exchange! :becky:

Yikes!!

Not sure what loin backs are going for now, I haven't bought any in over a month.
However I just paid $2.49/# for butt.

If you do get that moose I'd be willing to send you some ribs in exchange! :becky:

Okay, I'll keep you in mind.lol. I just finished the one that I got with my truck in Jan.

Wal mart have gone up on butt and most other places . I bought a case of butts at Sams for 1.28

Actually i was at Sweetbay today and they have just about every cut of pork on sale, from butts to chops to whole loins, i thought must be pig killing season.

Back