Stuffed Chicken Thighs

tatonka3a2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Chicken thighs with the bone removed. For the filling I used some anaheim peppers and horseradish cheese. Secured the thighs with some grilling bands.

Have the large Vortex set up for searing. First had the chicken to the side cooking indirect and then moved over the Vortex for a sear to crisp up the skin. Bag of frozen mixed veggies on the side cooking indirect while searing the chicken.

Moved chicken to the side to finish cooking and added some Coakley's BBQ sauce.

Plated with some veggies and stuffing.

Inside shot of the stuffed chicken. Crispy skin and juicy meat!!

I love the vortex, but haven't tried it inside of my BGE. It is my go to in my weber kettle for chicken wings. How do you like it in the BGE? It looks like you have an XL there.

looking good ... hope ya dont mind this ones going in my lil black book of chicken

I love the vortex, but haven't tried it inside of my BGE. It is my go to in my weber kettle for chicken wings. How do you like it in the BGE? It looks like you have an XL there.

Love it!! That is the XL. I agree, chicken wings will not be cooked here without using the Vortex

What's grilling bands?

Darn good looking thighs by the way.

The grilling bands are a reusable silicone bands used for cooking. http://www.owensbbq.com/grilling-accessories.html

Back