Feedback turn-in boxes

Is It Ready Yet?

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback on what I could do better next time on presentation. We only did 2 KCBS contests this year and may do more next year.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Brisket PC.jpg
    Brisket PC.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Pork PC.jpg
    Pork PC.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Ribs PC.jpg
    Ribs PC.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 187
Those boxes look pretty fierce to me! Especially the ribs. And here it comes. Ready? I'D HIT THAT!!!

Overall the boxes look good. May want to consider either less sauce or thining it out a bit on the pork and ribs.

With the red tint in the pictures it is a little hard to tell
(Did you take these in church by the stained glass windows?)
But I do like the set ups you used

I noticed one thing, the parsley isn't even all the way around the outside of the meat on all three boxes On the brisket there's no parsley at all next to the meat in a couple of spots. I still wish my ribs looked like those with or without the parsley. As for the sauce, thick or thin, more even would probably be better there too. But remember I've never even been to a comp so my opinion...

With the red tint in the pictures it is a little hard to tell
(Did you take these in church by the stained glass windows?)
But I do like the set ups you used

Thats what it looks like...I didn't notice until you pointed out (LOL). We had a red tarp on one side of our canopy.

Thanks for the feedback all!

for what its worth, I think its important to have the ribs be sequential in order from the same rack it at all possible. It helps minimize the cut lines and any diference in look and shape will be a smother tranition. This scored 99998 in appearence for us.

Attachments

• royal ribs.jpg
    royal ribs.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 127
for what its worth, I think its important to have the ribs be sequential in order from the same rack it at all possible. It helps minimize the cut lines and any diference in look and shape will be a smother tranition. This scored 99998 in appearence for us.

How did you luck out and get such a great rack - where every bone was turn-in quality?? Nice:-D
(I suppose if someone asked me the same question I would reply, "That ain't LUCK!")

tighten up the ribs and you can hide that. also the pork looks awesome, if the sauce was a little thinner you have a perfect looking box. brisket looks good.

Back