• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Which Cabinet Smoker

To get an idea of capacity, here are a few pics of my Large Spicewine with only two of the 4 racks loaded with butts. Based on your first post, I think a Med Spice would fit the bill for you. An important thing to remember is that these cookers will outlast all of us. You may pay a bit more up front, but you will never need another cooker.

Good luck again with whatever cooker you go with.

Attachments

• Spicewine Butts 3.jpg
    Spicewine Butts 3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Spicewine Butts 1.jpg
    Spicewine Butts 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 280
I'd think you could do that reasonably on an Extended Party. I just picked up a Competitor and was originally looking to do a load similar to what you mentioned; then decided why not be able to do a much bigger load should the need arise? I'd rather have more airflow and available area, then not need it vs needing it and not having it.

To get an idea of capacity, here are a few pics of my Large Spicewine with only two of the 4 racks loaded with butts. Based on your first post, I think a Med Spice would fit the bill for you. An important thing to remember is that these cookers will outlast all of us. You may pay a bit more up front, but you will never need another cooker.

Good luck again with whatever cooker you go with.

Get The Spicewine .. It is the real deal / no compromises.. Just satisfaction

I believe I want a Humphreys Pint. I'm almost positive. What I'm sure about is where the $ to get one is gonna come from..........:cry:

I believe I want a Humphreys Pint. I'm almost positive. What I'm sure about is where the $ to get one is gonna come from..........:cry:

What made you pick that one over a gravity feed? I had set my budget at $1,000 (half pint or chubby) until I found the Backyard Little Bomber and MJH. Now I'm torn between the gravity feed Bomber or the extra capacity of the MJH.

What made you pick that one over a gravity feed? I had set my budget at $1,000 (half pint or chubby) until I found the Backyard Little Bomber and MJH. Now I'm torn between the gravity feed Bomber or the extra capacity of the MJH.

Capacity and Qaulity for the price- same sized/qaulity Gravity is more $ understandably because it's bigger and more complicated build plus I'm used to UDS and a Converted Propane Cabinet that run charcoal basket AND it'd be smaller and lighter overall for hauling somewhere - plus right on Humphreys Website in Pints description it says "it's the Perfect Size". :mrgreen:

Capacity and Qaulity for the price- same sized/qaulity Gravity is more $ understandably because it's bigger and more complicated build plus I'm used to UDS and a Converted Propane Cabinet that run charcoal basket AND it'd be smaller and lighter overall for hauling somewhere - plus right on Humphreys Website in Pints description it says "it's the Perfect Size". :mrgreen:

Can't argue with that. I really like Humphreys build quality but I think I want to try a gravity feed without spending $3,000-$4,000. I'm holding off until Josh at Backyard Bombers sends me pictures next week of how he has fixed all the cosmetic issues on his smokers. Other than that I'm just about ready to pull the trigger.

I searched MJH in Brethren search bar and read several threads where guys really liked them - just not my style I guess.

Tell, you what, Smitty. Buy all the meat that you would like to fit in your future smoker and we can fire of Colt and see what fits and what don't :wink: I'll only take a 1 (cooking) rack demonstration fee :becky:

Tell, you what, Smitty. Buy all the meat that you would like to fit in your future smoker and we can fire of Colt and see what fits and what don't :wink: I'll only take a 1 (cooking) rack demonstration fee :becky:

Good Plan for Spring Bash! We need to get about 20 ppl or more this time. See if we can Max Colt out.......... :heh:

If any off yall Guys have these smokers - stage 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks of spares and take a pic and post for us. If you are adventurous then cook 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks and post pics........:thumb:

Humphreys Pint too small? anyone got one?

Here's one rack of a SS-2 (15 lb packer, 8 and 9 lb butts):

and the combo you asked for (plus 2 extra butts):

Indeed, great picts R2egg2! Nice to see the SS2 in action! :eusa_clap

Looks like I will have to go higher in price to get the extra room that I am really think I should get. I would rather have a bit of extra room then not enough! I have toyed with the idea of catering small parties.

The line up (so far):
The Qube'd Box
Superior SS-2
SpiceWine Medium
The Bomber
Fat Boy
The XL Stumpster
LoneStar Cabinet Smoker.

Michael

A IamMadMan, I'm going to go and check them out sometime. Right near me.

Indeed, great picts R2egg2! Nice to see the SS2 in action! :eusa_clap

Looks like I will have to go higher in price to get the extra room that I am really think I should get. I would rather have a bit of extra room then not enough! I have toyed with the idea of catering small parties.

The line up (so far):
The Qube'd Box
Superior SS-2
SpiceWine Medium
The Bomber
Fat Boy
The XL Stumpster
LoneStar Cabinet Smoker.

Michael

It sounds like you are in the same position that I am in. I had to make a spreadsheet listing the prices, shipping, taxes, grate sizes, grate quantities, etc. I had to double my budget... Are you leaning towards a RF or gravity fed?

Darn PJ... Don't know! They are all soooooo inviting! However I seen to be leaning towards that Lone Star! The grate size, price, craftsmanship the spacing between racks. I don't know why, but its calling my name! I am one sick pup!

Smitty got the bug too! Any doctors around here doing Q therapy? Maybe we can get a group rate? :decision:

Back