• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Frozen Brisket Flat

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ran out of cooked brisket for lunches and stuff so needed to throw one on this weekend to stock back up a bit........only problem was that I forgot to get one out of the freezer to start thawing........oh well......guess it will have to go on frozen.

8lb flat portion, ran it under water for a couple of minutes to get the outside a bit damp so the rub would stick. Thought about just applying the rub after it was in the smoker a bit, but was afraid I would forget.
blushing.gif

frozen.jpg

Homemade rub on the damp frozen brisket. LOL

frozenrub.jpg

Quality of the sliced product picture is not very good (not that I am known for my photography skills anyhow), but it was one of those times where I was getting ready to bag it up and remembered "oh yeah, I was taking pics"

sliced.jpg

Weird thing about this one is that I put it on frozen and ran the smoker at 250.........and the damn 8lbr got done in 6 1/2 hours. I figured it would be close to 10 hours.
shrug.gif

That's good to know...what did it taste like? Looks tender.

Tasted like..........brisket. LOL

No ill effects noted. I probably could have added more rub when it was thawed since a bit had kind of run off, but overall, no reason not to throw one on frozen if you have to.

That is a great lookin flat. Seriously. Glad to see you cooked it properly. Look at those drains in the meat. I KNOW it was tender.

I am gonna go out on a limb though and assume you wrapped in during the smoking.

Tasted like..........brisket. LOL

No ill effects noted. I probably could have added more rub when it was thawed since a bit had kind of run off, but overall, no reason not to throw one on frozen if you have to.

:biggrin:

Don Marco did the same with a frozen butt a while back and also had pretty good results.

Looks great!:cool: I was surprised the smoke ring wasn't a little thicker, but you mentioned it cooked faster too.

Weird thing about this one is that I put it on frozen and ran the smoker at 250.........and the damn 8lbr got done in 6 1/2 hours. I figured it would be close to 10 hours.
shrug.gif

I call B.S.

You got drunk, passed out and lost a day. :cool:

Looks great brother, suppose you got a new comp plan now? :twisted:

Looks great!:cool: I was surprised the smoke ring wasn't a little thicker, but you mentioned it cooked faster too.

I was also. Any other times that I have put something on frozen or darn near frozen I usually get a much larger ring........this was just an odd one all the way around.......but tasted just fine.

I call B.S.

You got drunk, passed out and lost a day. :cool:

Looks great brother, suppose you got a new comp plan now? :twisted:

Got drunk, passed out is closer to the reason that I had to start from frozen. LOL

Comp plan..........I don't ever have a plan. LOL

Back