• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey Carving

Countryhb

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Big Mista told me there was a great link on here somewhere about how to carve a turkey, but I can't seem to find the link. Can someone please direct me to this link? Thanks!!

Thanks Bull, but that's not it. It was a video link and Mista said it was a great technique he hadn't used before.

Big Mista told me there was a great link on here somewhere about how to carve a turkey, but I can't seem to find the link. Can someone please direct me to this link? Thanks!!

You need to watch Martha Stewart:twisted:

What's amazing about this video is the simplicity of the process. I'm ready to go buy a turkey and smoke it, just to practice that technique. The presentation wraps it all up, too.

Wow.

Here's a step by step photo presentation of the NY Times technique that I posted on my blog, too....

Attachments

• 21carve-650.jpg
    21carve-650.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 114
Here's a step by step photo presentation of the NY Times technique that I posted on my blog, too....

Yep, I used the NYT's carving instructions and thought they were pretty good -

DSC01885.jpg

I was done carving my bird in 2 minutes! :)

I actually like to do the breast first; the thighs and wings seem to stabilize the bird. I always waffle between removing the whole breast and cutting medallions vs. carving thinner but wider slices from the carcass. For tableside the latter is my favored method.

Great information guys...
This will help me out when the time comes.

I agree...great video! I've never been shown how to properly carve a turkey. I can't wait to try out the new information. Stupid question, but is this the same technique you use to strip a chicken?

turkeyboobbutternut-028.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-027.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-033.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-034.jpg

it's just a breast, but just rip off the other pieces :biggrin:

i've oiled that board :roll:

Back