View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
tom72
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
Awesome pies! And great job on the oven.

When I first stacked mine up, I thought you were supposed to cook at 1000F. Making pies used to be mad dash coz they would burn after a minute! Until I did some research and found out that things would be more manageable at a little lower temp.

Can't wait to see your finished oven. Would you care to share your dough recipe?
It was almost a mad dash at the temps I was at...I can't imagine working with it at 1000 degrees or more!

Here's my dough recipe:

1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast

1 1/2 cups warm water (105-110 degrees F) - I've found bottled water works better.

1/2 tablespoon of sugar

1 1/2 tabspoons of olive oil

Pinch of salt

3 1/2 cups bread flour (give or take) - I start with 2 cups and add a little at a time after that.

Once the dough is kneaded well, I separate it into the portion sizes I want right then (this makes about 3 12-inch pies). Form each piece into a nice ball and place on a lightly floured baking sheet. Coat the tops/sides with olive oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap...just to keep a skin from forming on the dough balls. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes are up, move the pan to the refrigerator and let them rise in there for 1 hour. This helps make the dough elastic and easy to work with. This is the only dough I've ever been able to toss and get paper thin without tearing.

Always remember that [COLOR=red][I]you[/I][/COLOR] are [COLOR=red]unique[/COLOR] and [COLOR=red]special[/COLOR], just like [COLOR=red][I]everybody else[/I][/COLOR]. :mrgreen:

Last edited by tom72; 12-25-2012 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Had to correct a typo!
tom72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->