Typical Vending Percentage. Need Help ASAP

mrwicks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
was asked about doing a homecoming/stadium dedication/alumni reunion game for a local boys high school. Coordinator estimates 1500 people (so im thinking 700) .

School wants me to purchase food, cook, wrap and vend hot dogs, brats, burgers, and chicken sandwiches for 2 games (same day). They want to do a 60/40 split with no guarantee and cost recovery pre split. Seems a lil too risky to me....question is ....what is a typical split for vending an event such as this ?

Did searching but found nothing ....any and all help is appreciated:-D:-D:-D

For a school fundraiser, we have done 70/30 after expenses, but have also pre-sold 60% of what we did. Does sound a little risky, especially if you have no where to use the left over product.

I don't really like the word vend, because some times when I have vended in the past, I ended up taking a loss. Also I don't like the split. I think I'd offer them 5-10% of the net. Maybe 15% if they supply the servers.

Too risky. Split after expenses. Either that or vend down the road from the game.

MrWicks,
We have been vending for a couple different sports at my sons high school for a few years now. See this thread for one of the events http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61682

For 1500 folks we sell 300+ sandwiches on average. A lot of differnt factors can play into this. Since our kids play for the sports, we give all of the profits back to them. They pay all of the costs.

For you, their deal sounds a little risky.

Thanks guys....i really appreciate all the info.....agreed to 75/25 after expenses...shouldnt be hard to break even worst case

update : The vending area was the equivalent of 1block away from the stands....scrapped the split and they gave me a check this morning for the food & supplies and agreed to 475 to COOK burgers, brats, dogs, and chicken breast....no wrapping .....not bad for 3-9:30

update : The vending area was the equivalent of 1block away from the stands....scrapped the split and they gave me a check this morning for the food & supplies and agreed to 475 to COOK burgers, brats, dogs, and chicken breast....no wrapping .....not bad for 3-9:30
Not bad for a few hour's work.:wink:

Back