Where to buy fire bricks locally?

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been to Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and a local patio/fireplace specialty shop and can not find fire bricks. Can someone suggest another possibility?

I saw some at tractor supply on sale in the eaely spring they was on clerance for around a buck.

I saw some at tractor supply on sale in the eaely spring they was on clerance for around a buck.

I guess that's the problem... these must be seasonal items since people aren't usually re-bricking their wood stoves in May... lol

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1653699 said:
Ace Hardware dot com, order and have shipped to local store. If they do that.

Thanks... ACE did offer to do that for me... it was gonna take 10-14 days. If I'm gonna order them, I found some on Amazon. I can get a 6 pak of 4.5x9.5x1.5 for $24 delivered to my door.

Thanks... ACE did offer to do that for me... it was gonna take 10-14 days. If I'm gonna order them, I found some on Amazon. I can get a 6 pak of 4.5x9.5x1.5 for $24 delivered to my door.

Nice. My local Ace took 2 days to get them.

Check your local brickyards. Fireplace stores will gouge you on the price. The ones available from Ace or doitbest.com are usually splits i.e. only 1"+ thick - a full brick is about 2"+ thick. Price should run about $1+ for each firebrick. You should be able to find a brickyard by searching on google.

what are you using them for and how many do you need?

it's possible to make your own and i think NC has good clay for it, but that probably only sound fun to weirdos like me :crazy:

look up a pottery supply shop in your area and give them a call. if they don't sell them they should know where to get them (used in kilns to fire pottery)

what are you using them for and how many do you need?

it's possible to make your own and i think NC has good clay for it, but that probably only sound fun to weirdos like me :crazy:

look up a pottery supply shop in your area and give them a call. if they don't sell them they should know where to get them (used in kilns to fire pottery)

I'm glad you asked this...

I have two uses for the fire bricks.

1 - I plan to lay them flat on the grill on occasion as a surface for grilling pizzas.

2 - I plan to use them to dam up charcoal on one or both sides of the kettle charcoal grate for direct/indirect cooking zone setup...

I did buy a set of the weber charcoal baskets to use on the kettle, but there are some instances where I won't want to use those...

Tractor Supply in Denver had them. You might want to call the Statesville store and see if they have any.

menard's sells them where i live...but maybe that's cause vogelzangs (fireplace) is a good dutch "local" holland bidness. $10 for a 6 pack

Got mine at Tractor SUpply this spring. .99 each took the remainder, 56 blocks.

But check out he local stove shops.

Second Menards if you have one near you..Over in the fireplace section. Also as has been said, any brickyard should be able to hook you up.

brickie

Back