Give me some ideas. Money muscle and toast points

hnd

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
am making pulled pork for about 10 people tomorrow. have 2 butts.

i would like to take the money muscle and separate it from the rest of the butt. i would like the smoke it till its done, then slice it and make hors doeuvres with it and put it on a toast point.

Question #1.

What is the best way to go about this. Should i just smoke the whole butt, THEN separate the money muscle and sear it? Should i remove the muscle right away and smoke seperately? should i partially separate?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question #2

toast
meat

what else have you guys tried that makes a delicious appetizer.? a cheese? sauce? help me out.

thanks for the help guys!

I would for sure leave it whole while smoking. I would trim the fat of the MM to allow more rub on the meat...

thanks will do. any ideas on topping the meat with a sauce or sauce/cheese combo?

i'm thinking an orange onion marmaletta?

Screw that monely muscle crap, the cone shaped dark meat next to the blade is the best. Damn bbq judges.....

Been watching to much T.V. BBQ. :roll:

theres bbq on tv other than travel channel showing rib paradise 10 times a saturday? thanks for the help there nitz.

i usually do bruchetta and mozzerella but decided to switch it up a bit.

You can try something along the lines of a cranberry apple chutney of sorts, I know I like that cran apple stuff on pork chops.

You can try something along the lines of a cranberry apple chutney of sorts, I know I like that cran apple stuff on pork chops.

thats what i was thinking along the lines of. what goes good on pork chops. i think i'm abandoning a cheese idea and going with a fruit sauce of sorts. my mom makes this onion sauce out of balsamic vinegar, pureed oranges, and onions along with some seasonings. i'm going to make it and give it a shot tomorrow.

my mom also suggested maybe doing something with apple pie filling...

BBQ on toast point????

hell, sometimes i put mine on a perfectly level and uniform bed of parsly.

he wants to put it on bread, which one makes makes more sense?:becky:

let the meat shine.

butter the toast, sprinkle a FINE dice of red onion on it, and lay a nice piece of pork on it. sauce or no, up to you.

but please, make your BBQ about the meat. you'll be happy you did.:thumb:

Of the fruity dippin sauces, I've used apricot preserves mixed with horseradish to taste. On chops, it's the bomb!

Of the fruity dippin sauces, I've used apricot preserves mixed with horseradish to taste. On chops, it's the bomb!
This I like. I have made some cocktail sauce mixing in horseradish and orange marmalade, thi could be essentially the same without the cocktail sauce. A squeeze of lemon and a couple drops of worcestershire would wake it up nicely.

This I like. I have made some cocktail sauce mixing in horseradish and orange marmalade, thi could be essentially the same without the cocktail sauce. A squeeze of lemon and a couple drops of worcestershire would wake it up nicely.

am trying this too.

Back