BBQ Brethren Masters Cut #4 - Chicken Leg Quarters (Today is the last day to enter!)

Now that might be interesting! Rub or Marinade!:confused:
I used Cherry Kool-Aid in a rub once.:redface: True story.:tsk: I was experimenting with ways to make a Cherry Rub.:rolleyes: It definitely colored the meat..and my hands from rubbing it in a little!:laugh: And the flavor was ALL WRONG!:hand:

All this talk about Kool-Aid is making me hungry and this thread is in serious need of some pron so submitted for your approval without any fancy sponsors this time I present my entry, cook thread can be found here. >> http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1599773#post1599773

legquarters.jpg

legquatersonthegrill.jpg

plated.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
The market this week just happened to have chicken leg quarters on sale for $0.69/lb, always a good bargain at that price. Since I was preparing them for dinner tonite, I might as well throw my hat into the ring. Nothing very fancy in the prep, just simple, tasty chicken!

Packaged -

DSCN1263_l.jpg

Seasoned with a mix of Yardbird and a Paula Deen poultry blend, and out on the Bubba Keg -

DSCN1275_l.jpg

In the last 5 minutes of grilling, just a dab of Honey Mustard BBQ sauce, slightly thinned.

Plated and cut -

DSCN1280_l.jpg

DSCN1281_l.jpg

Nothing like chicken out on the Keg with Yardbird!!

Thanks for checking in on tonite's dinner.

-lunchman

Here's my submission. Leg 1/4's with Adobo rub, grilled tomotillo corn salsa and Spanish rice. Details in Q-talk.

Reposting from Qtalk. Don't want to catch Gore on DQ's. :thumb:

Had to get back to entering. I really love leg 1/4's just grilled and sauced but this is a throw down. Seasoned with Adobo, cumin and garlic. Made a grilled tomotillo corn salsa and Spanish rice. Really did come out excellent.

The ingredients:

attachment.php

The grill shot:

attachment.php

The money shot:

000_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Great entries guys.

Hey Paul. The Master's TD's are a little different. Chris is asking for a pic of the raw meat and then a pic of it on the grill. Trying to show a bit more of the process. Hopefully it isn't too much trouble to add the pics here.

Great entries guys.

Hey Paul. The Master's TD's are a little different. Chris is asking for a pic of the raw meat and then a pic of it on the grill. Trying to show a bit more of the process. Hopefully it isn't too much trouble to add the pics here.

Thanks I put it in QTalk. Wasn't sure where to post these days. I'll add.

Orange Chili Leg Quarters

I didn't know this one was going on, but did some legs last night that came out nicely. Thanks to MidniteSmoke for suggesting I enter here :)

Made a sauce of: Honey, Hoisin sauce, Soy, Chili sauce, Garlic OJ, Orange Zest, and Ginger.

Marinated the chicken overnight
IMG_2352.jpg

Crisped up the skin over Royal Oak with some apple chunks
then moved to the indirect side and did some squash strips (in honey,soy,ginger)
IMG_2353.jpg

Basted the chicken with the reserved sauce.
IMG_2356.jpg

And Garnished with orange slices
IMG_2358.jpg

Hope you enjoy
DD

By the way, I couldn't find a way to use images uploaded to another post, and just re-uploaded them. Is there a way to re-use images?

Back