• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

When's Your First One of the Year?

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With our first contest of the year coming up this weekend at Osage City, KS, I was just wondering how close some of you guys around here and in colder climates are getting to your first event of 2006.

The season around here starts in January though we didn't make it out and about until February. Our next outing is late July...work and lack of $$$ is a determining factor this year.

Depending on money, work, and scheduling, I may make a road trip to DC to visit my son and drag him to the Safeway BBQ Battle over the June 24-25 weekend...his mom and brother have paid him a visit over the last two years but I haven't been able to get up there.

The cookoff is a Memphis in May contest and has been declared the "National Pork Championship" by the National Pork Board. Lot's of music, food, etc. and it's held on Pennsylvania Ave.!!

chad said:
Depending on money, work, and scheduling, I may make a road trip to DC to visit my son and drag him to the Safeway BBQ Battle over the June 24-25 weekend

Bring him to the Bash!

Alredy got our first one outta the way.Maybe we'll be better at the next one:smile: .

Willy T.

Outside of the Polar Swine.... This is number one for us too!! And it is Kaylin's debut as a 5yr old in the Kid's QUE..... She has been talking about it for 2 weeks straight. Well 3 mos, actually. At the Mokan New Years party - the first thing she told Wayne was that she gets to cook in Kid's Ques this year!
If she could spell/read a little better -- she might just be on here more than me. Never knew she would have the passion I do -- Come over on Friday and cheer her on -- she's all prepped to put cross-hatched grillmarks on her steak (haha!)

Andy - I know Kaylin will kick butt in the Kiddy-Q. Of course if she doesn't she will blame it on you for not teaching her well enough. :p

It will be good to get out this weekend and kick things off. The weather looks to be GREAT!!

Stop over for a margarita! That goes for any brothers that will be there.

Keep the 'rita machine full, Wayne! As you know, we'll be close enough you'll know if we have gas! :lol: HogsnHeifers and Bruno will be along for the ride (bumpy as it may be) with Big Creek this time out. Looking forward to having you guys!

I am organizing 5 competitions this year so I'm going to have to leave the PNW to get a cook in some where, anyone need another cook?
Jim

Not until the weekend after the fourth of July for my team. 2 in July, 1 in August and 1 in October.

one week High on the Hog in Winchester, TN. It's not only my first one this year but my first one ever.

BBQ on the River in Bristol, PA. I am chomping at the bit. Bring on the summer, bring on some BBQ contests, but mostly bring on some fun!!!

will be in Carmel..my team is not doing this one so i will be helping out another team ..think my teams first one this season is Shannon..unless we do Clinton IA which is the week before..

Back