When's Your First One of the Year?

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With our first contest of the year coming up this weekend at Osage City, KS, I was just wondering how close some of you guys around here and in colder climates are getting to your first event of 2006.

My first event is May 19-20 in Carmel, IN... Can't wait!

my first is may 19th-20th, bristol, pa. bring it on:cool:

The season around here starts in January though we didn't make it out and about until February. Our next outing is late July...work and lack of $$$ is a determining factor this year.

Depending on money, work, and scheduling, I may make a road trip to DC to visit my son and drag him to the Safeway BBQ Battle over the June 24-25 weekend...his mom and brother have paid him a visit over the last two years but I haven't been able to get up there.

The cookoff is a Memphis in May contest and has been declared the "National Pork Championship" by the National Pork Board. Lot's of music, food, etc. and it's held on Pennsylvania Ave.!!

chad said:
Depending on money, work, and scheduling, I may make a road trip to DC to visit my son and drag him to the Safeway BBQ Battle over the June 24-25 weekend

Bring him to the Bash!

Alredy got our first one outta the way.Maybe we'll be better at the next one:smile: .

Willy T.

Outside of the Polar Swine.... This is number one for us too!! And it is Kaylin's debut as a 5yr old in the Kid's QUE..... She has been talking about it for 2 weeks straight. Well 3 mos, actually. At the Mokan New Years party - the first thing she told Wayne was that she gets to cook in Kid's Ques this year!
If she could spell/read a little better -- she might just be on here more than me. Never knew she would have the passion I do -- Come over on Friday and cheer her on -- she's all prepped to put cross-hatched grillmarks on her steak (haha!)

Andy - I know Kaylin will kick butt in the Kiddy-Q. Of course if she doesn't she will blame it on you for not teaching her well enough. :p

It will be good to get out this weekend and kick things off. The weather looks to be GREAT!!

Stop over for a margarita! That goes for any brothers that will be there.

Keep the 'rita machine full, Wayne! As you know, we'll be close enough you'll know if we have gas! :lol: HogsnHeifers and Bruno will be along for the ride (bumpy as it may be) with Big Creek this time out. Looking forward to having you guys!

I am organizing 5 competitions this year so I'm going to have to leave the PNW to get a cook in some where, anyone need another cook?
Jim

Not until the weekend after the fourth of July for my team. 2 in July, 1 in August and 1 in October.

one week High on the Hog in Winchester, TN. It's not only my first one this year but my first one ever.

BBQ on the River in Bristol, PA. I am chomping at the bit. Bring on the summer, bring on some BBQ contests, but mostly bring on some fun!!!

will be in Carmel..my team is not doing this one so i will be helping out another team ..think my teams first one this season is Shannon..unless we do Clinton IA which is the week before..

Back