Biscuits-n-Sausage Gravy

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Another tractor rim meal...

I know I make this often, it's one of my favorites. :)

eaa11e9a-1.jpg

173e358c-1.jpg

I start with a skillet of fried potatoes and onions..

6098d1cf-1.jpg

brown some sausage and add a tin of biscuits...

fe90bd1a-1.jpg

make the sausage gravy...

086c529c-1.jpg

scramble some eggs...

76e77bbc-1.jpg

and hope the biscuits aren't burnt. :)

0550fee0-1.jpg

the biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs and fruit...

bb224b83-1.jpg

8fe782ff-1.jpg

a8725ad2-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I've spotted a huge problem in that meal............I wasn't invited!! :sad:

Looks great! My daughter is having a spend the night party tonight and I'm planning on making that for them in the morning.

Nice work - really glad to see you putting up more awesome pix :thumb: I have a real weak spot for biscuits and gravy. :hungry:

Do you make your own gravy? If so what's your recipe?

Don't be surprised if it turns out she grows the wheat, mills the flour, presses the oil, milks the cows, etc....Check out her blog - she rocks!

Thanks for the nice comments! I know you are probably tired of my campfire cooks by now!!

Do you make your own gravy? If so what's your recipe?

Yes.. I start with spicy sausage, brown it in a skillet or pot, then all I really need to do is add flour, cook for a few minutes to "cook out" the flour taste.. then add milk to thicken...and season with cracked black pepper. The spicy sausage is usually flavorfull enough so I don't add many more seasonings. If you use breakfast sausage you can add red pepper flakes to kick it up a bit.

Nice work - really glad to see you putting up more awesome pix :thumb: I have a real weak spot for biscuits and gravy. :hungry:

Don't be surprised if it turns out she grows the wheat, mills the flour, presses the oil, milks the cows, etc....Check out her blog - she rocks!

lol Thanks!! I could give you a hug for that. :becky:
The eggs and sausage were mine...that's about it.

Thank you Aqua, it's good to see you too!!

I've spotted a huge problem in that meal............I wasn't invited!! :sad:

Looks great! My daughter is having a spend the night party tonight and I'm planning on making that for them in the morning.

You're invited to the next one!
Hope you take pics of the breakfast. Thanks! :-D

Dang I love that cast iron cooking! Looks like you have it down to an art form.

OK, I'm officially jealous!

Would love to eat all the great meals you make. Just amazing stuff.

Outstanding I have now reach the point where I start to Drool before I open your Thread Glad to see you are eating fruit again

Now there's some motivation to get the fire pit going this weekend. I generally make Bannock over the fire, but biscuits would be awesome.

Yes.. I start with spicy sausage, brown it in a skillet or pot, then all I really need to do is add flour, cook for a few minutes to "cook out" the flour taste.. then add milk to thicken...and season with cracked black pepper. The spicy sausage is usually flavorfull enough so I don't add many more seasonings. If you use breakfast sausage you can add red pepper flakes to kick it up a bit.

is that really all it is? flour, milk, and sausage? ooooh snap

Out camping making great grub, and sharing your recipes with us. Nicely Done! One of my all time weaknesses is Biscuits n Gravy! Looks grubbin!
Did you lug the rim out there or was it part of the camp?

Back