• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Well maybe on a Sat then cuz I live in Burleson and Work in Grand Prairie ............ But then I DID tAke off Fri April 11th. Hmmmmmm.........

Lunch at Jambos Fri 11th then N Tx Bash on Sat? :shock: Who's in? :mrgreen:

From what I have seen he closes about 6:00 pm unless he sells out, I know the other day not 1 1/2 hrs. after he opened he was putting more brisket and ribs on. That place has been a BBQ joint before but his place is packed almost every day. All I have to say about it is go Jamie, I like it because I make some his seasonings for him. :grin::grin::grin: and he is closed Sunday and Monday.

I'm taking my son on a little bbq crawl around dfw on Saturday for his birthday and Jambo's will be our 2nd stop. Looking forward to sharing that ridiculous sandwich they have with him. We've never been. I can't wait. Apparently his ribs are where it's at.

I'm taking my son on a little bbq crawl around dfw on Saturday for his birthday and Jambo's will be our 2nd stop. Looking forward to sharing that ridiculous sandwich they have with him. We've never been. I can't wait. Apparently his ribs are where it's at.
Sounds like a fun birthday treat! Have fun!

Let us know where you stop and what you think!

OK, we gotta make sure we stay on top of them SoCal boys. They got their bash plans in the works and we gotta show them that Texas is the BBQ king! :wink:

We got the numbers on their last bash so far but let's rally the troops and really do this up Texas style...not non-existent Texas Mega bash style, but regular ol' Texas style :becky:

OK, we gotta make sure we stay on top of them SoCal boys. They got their bash plans in the works and we gotta show them that Texas is the BBQ king!

I never realized it was every in doupt.

We got the numbers on their last bash so far but let's rally the troops and really do this up Texas style...not non-existent Texas Mega bash style, but regular ol' Texas style :becky:

That will be easy. Well, it should be easy. Rumor is that someone is cooking "Iron rations" from WWII. If that story gets out,I can't see how Texas could overcome it.
spam-101_3.png

i work every other weekend and this bash falls on my weekend to work . . .

and vacation request has just been approved!

Really lookin' forward to hanging out with a whole buncha Brethren in April!

Nice! I already put in my vacation request in with the wife. Haha

Good to hear, Charles! :clap2:

You had there for a second as I opened up this thread! :wink:

I know Smitty is wanting some "Colorado brisket" (can't remember who on here used to call spam that, maybe Wayne or Big Al?)

We called it that, not Bi-Gal

But we did it on his behalf, out of love.

Brian and I had partial control of the word sensor then (it was a small group still) and we were farking around with replacing "Spam" with "Colorado Brisket".

We also changed "sausage" to "Man Meat" which made a thread on stuffing pork loins with italian sausage one of those threads you just cried with laughing so hard.

Phil, he was not amused. We did it during a bash, so he forgave us.

So don't forget those bash shenanigans!

I don't know my travel schedule for April yet, but if I'm in town I'm in.

Happy to throw some Creekstone briskies on the smoker the night before to bring with me, or bring the turkey fryer and make some smoked & fried wings.

I don't know my travel schedule for April yet, but if I'm in town I'm in.

Happy to throw some Creekstone briskies on the smoker the night before to bring with me, or bring the turkey fryer and make some smoked & fried wings.
Sounds good! Would love for you to make it...I'll list you with the "Maybes" for now :wink:

Confirmed
1. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps.
2. Chris (AKA sliding_billy), and maybe the boys (Adrian and Calvin). - Plates, cups, plasticware, napkins
3. frognot (and maybe Mrs. Frognot) - bringing the Cabo
4. LEGENDS BBQ, Mrs. Legend, Legend Jr., The Princess, and Ms. Hell on Wheels
5. SmittyJonz - EPIC Fatty
6. Totally Basted
7. dwfisk & Mac
8. DaveAlvarado
9. Whistler & Mrs. Whistler (and maybe BBQ buddy)
10. GrillsGoneWild + wife and 3 kiddos
11. SpicemanJames

Maybes
1. Hawg Father of Soul
2. bvbull200
3. Smokesignalsfromtx
4. Mrtodd777
5. Bob O Q Shawtee
6. QorDie

competitive bump to stay on top of them SoCal farfers! :wink:

Back