• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How to cut St Louis Style Spares (Tutorial)

Awesome tutorial :thumb:

I just had a friend at work asking the other day about how to trim spares and will direct him to this thread. I wonder if the mods could pin this somewhere it's a great reference for newcomers...

TAHNK YOU

ihave seen a video before but the picturesare better . I really like the ground pork park.

i'm going to be trimming up mine for the fist time this weekend. this is great. thanks for posting.

Awesome. Now hopefully I won't fark up the 6 cryopaks in my freezer!! Another thanks for taking the time to document & post this.

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I'm hoping to cook these tomorrow. I know I should have taken the pic before I re-wrapped them, oh well...

I'm sure they are not perfect, but this was a first for me. :)

IMG_20110422_225252.jpg

Nicely cut! I try to remove all the fat that I can from the meat side before wrapping/cooking. Nobody likes to bite into a big chunk of fat.

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I'm hoping to cook these tomorrow. I know I should have taken the pic before I re-wrapped them, oh well...

I'm sure they are not perfect, but this was a first for me. :)

IMG_20110422_225252.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and tutorial, Mister Bob. I've always enjoyed parts of the St. Louis cut as much as the baby backs, but never really understood how to isolate that to my wallet's benefit. Thanks!

I could spend the whole day looking at this stuff. Thanks for the tutorial, talk about an eye opener...haven't ever tried spares before, looks like we will this weekend ;)

Thanks tutorial, just cut my first rack today. Didnt do too bad..Although i have decided i need to get a better set of cutlery.. more kitchen toys never hurt.

I appreciate the great tutorial too! I never understood how ribs were supposed to be trimmed, you made it easy to understand.

Just trimmed 3 slabs from Sam's and am going to try my first ribs on the new UDS this afternoon.

Looks like ribs are now on the shopping list.

Thank you for the great tutorial!

Back