• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ugly Drum Motherload...

We use Trim in our shop, one of the labels states not to reuse the container. I know that's the lawyer keeping the law suits down however.....

If any of my Socal brethern are in need of drums I sell a water soluable oil (mineral oil based) product called Blaser Swisslube and have drums all the time that I can give away. It is much cleaner than the other coolants out there and the leftover residue is minimal(see attached MSDS). We actually cut them in half and toss them in the dumpster when we get over loaded which is usually once a month. Also I know CountryHB found a place in El Monte that sells clean ones as well.

They look like this:
contact_us.jpg

Attachments

• Blaser 2000 Universal 723500_Art_870_logo_ed2.pdf
    73.2 KB · Views: 7
Funny, I don't recall getting this information BEFORE I bought my drums, Rob!!!
I told you about them when you were about to do the build but you mentioned you wanted clean ones. You musta been a bit :mrgreen: at the time.

Thanks for all the info folks...I have decided to do a slightly modified version of Country's smoker. I like the idea of burnin' logs...and the design 'aint so bad either!!! LOL! Stand by for a million questions Country...and thanks again! :mrgreen:

JD, if you have my same addiction to tending a fire, you'll love this smoker!! I hope Weber doesn't remove you from their Christmas Card list! Fire all the questions you want...I'm so proud of building this thing (I never build anything)!

If any of my Socal brethern are in need of drums I sell a water soluable oil (mineral oil based) product called Blaser Swisslube and have drums all the time that I can give away. It is much cleaner than the other coolants out there and the leftover residue is minimal(see attached MSDS). We actually cut them in half and toss them in the dumpster when we get over loaded which is usually once a month. Also I know CountryHB found a place in El Monte that sells clean ones as well.

They look like this:
contact_us.jpg

Sent you a PM, any chance of getting 2 tomorrow?

Sure man no problem. My office is in Westminster between the 22 and the 405 off beach blvd. I'll send pm ya the info...

FYI these do have soluable oil residue in them as I mentioned above but they are completely drained.

JD, if you have my same addiction to tending a fire, you'll love this smoker!! I hope Weber doesn't remove you from their Christmas Card list! Fire all the questions you want...I'm so proud of building this thing (I never build anything)!

It is truly a work of art, I can vouch for it although I still haven't eaten anything food off of it it yet and Country is my immediate neighbor :roll:

the uds works just fine for me you really got to watch the rust issue with all that welding and cutting

It is truly a work of art, I can vouch for it although I still haven't eaten anything food off of it it yet and Country is my immediate neighbor :roll:

HB,

Sent an email, but wanted to see if 12 or so would be out of the question. Thanks.

Chris

They look like this:

Do the drums have removable tops?

No they are solid with two removable bung hole covers 1-large 1-small.

BTW sry to hijack your thead JD it is starting to wander a bit.

Let 'er wander brother...let's see where we end up! LOL! :biggrin:

Dont me to butt in...

Did not want to start an new thread so will side track this one!

Picked up my drum from Brother HB-BBQ yesterday. Went by Norcorednecks place on the way back from San Diego to get the lids cut off.
002-1.jpg

Scored some parts from Pat to do the lid.
003.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Now the hard part begins, to try and out do all the good looking drums on this site! :wink:

004.jpg

009.jpg

Remember kids large cans have sharp edges too!

Back