shannon-- looking back

2Fat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey it was great meeting Greg,Ron and others at Shannon!! Alwasy a great contest with some of the best cooks in the country!!! Getting your name called in that group is really special--imo anyway!

As far as experimenting at a contest--well I hadn't cooked the basic four since Sept---so decided it was time to change stuff(after doug put us in the wrong site!) and put up a diffrent flavour profile then last year--if the chicken would have been done better things could have looked diffrent!

And as far as dessert--don't usually do them(womens work ya know)--it is almost a guarantee that you will do well with chocolate, ice cream or alcohol----or a combination of those ingredients!!

As a side this is the 1st year for desserts at Shannon---b4 it was just a pie contest with lots of locals too but then couple of the bbq guys started making better pies then the "Pie Lady" and things changed!

Never did meet Bill---what happened but sure do like the new apron and hat!!!

Now its time to emppty the trailer

See ya

Buzz

Good to hear from you Buzz! The site has been missing you!

Certainly glad you had a good contest. Totally understand about the dessert competition, my wife got her heart broke at Charleston. Ice cream instead of honey whipped topping prolly would have made a big difference.

As far as your chicken.....wasn't that what you hit top 5 with at the AR? I'd be surprized if you changed what was working there.......

Congrats to you all, Cooking, and meeting people, having fun. that is what this is about.

It was great to meet you, too Buzz... Congrats on "taking the walk" and a nice showing. I'm heading out of town for a couple of days, but then I'll post my pictures. If you .like the one I took of you and the team, let me know and I'll e-mail you the full sized file.

Re: RE: shannon-- looking back

Ron_L said:
It was great to meet you, too Buzz... Congrats on "taking the walk" and a nice showing. I'm heading out of town for a couple of days.

You guys looked like you had the cooking under control!!! Cook enuf contests(it is the key to success)and the calls will becoming along for sure!!

Just send me the pics--gotta work for a couple days then Lori(wife)and I are gonna head in some to be determined direction

see ya

Buzz

RE: Re: RE: shannon-- looking back

OK... It will be later in the week. I'm headed to Nashville on business for a few days and I forgot to grab the memory card from the camera... :oops:

RE: Re: RE: shannon-- looking back

Buzz, head over to catttle call and introduce yourself! Just kidding, it was great to finally meet up with you. Understand not being around for awhile, just pop your head in on occasion to say hi like you just did, so we know you are alright.

Back