Mini UDS

Niloc

Sup farkers. I want to build a Mini UDS. Found a smokey joe on CL for $5, any recommendations on where I might find an inexpensive 40 qt stock pot? Trying to keep the price tag to a minimum. Any help is appreciated.

try vasconia 32 quart tamale pot. also look up mini wsm - you'll find everything you need to build one.

Thanks, I saw that one. My only concern was with it being 8qt less is that I would lose what little space I'd have. So here's another question mini UDS or mini WSM?

Thanks, I saw that one. My only concern was with it being 8qt less is that I would lose what little space I'd have. So here's another question mini UDS or mini WSM?
For the right diameter 40 qt vs the standard 32 qt, how much additional height are you gaining? 2"? I'd say that's not gaining you a whole lot.

If you really need the extra height go with a 16 gallon drum. It's way taller than the 32 qt pot and fits the SJ perfectly.

There are 15 gallon or so mini barrels that have the perfect dimensions.I just scored a free one from the scrap yard.I just cut the bottom off plus about 4" of the side.Fits very snug to the Weber base.My center section is about 21" tall.Good luck and happy hunting.

Good point Peeps. Thanks for all the input. Think I'll go with the 32. The point is a small portable smoker, so I think that'll work.

Back