Basic Brisket Tutorial (pron heavy)

I just finished looking around the internet for something on briskets and couldn't find anything I liked before coming back home to look and what did I find...........WOW, Thanks so much!!

This just may be the best Brisket post this site has ever had. Need to make a sticky out of this one and 5 stars.

I was thinking the same thing as I was readiing it. Thanks a lot Chris! Awesome thread! :-D

Maybe this will be the year when my briskets get a lot better. :-D

That is an outstanding tutorial! It would have saved me a lot of heartache & pain if you had posted it a couple of years ago. My brother got his first smoker about a month ago, & I e-mailed him your "instruction manual." He's as dumb as a box of rocks, so he'll probably still screw it up. Oh well, at least I tried.

Thans for sharing

Chris, I second all of the nice things everyone has said about you and this great site. That is the kind of post that makes it worth while when my wife is saying " why don't you get off that computer and work on the honey do list I gave you". Thanks for all of your time in putting that together, and for all of the knowledge shared. It's good to be a Brethren with brothers like you:!:

Great tutorial. I've sent several people here to read this. (hopefully they'll pay the subscriptions).

Thank You for the Show-down on that big o'l Hunk of Meat, very appreciated, you are a true Brother in Smoke !

WOW!!!!!!!!! That article is fantastic.Should be a sticky..It would be so neat if there was other tutorial on ribs, chicken, chuckies, butts etc. on this site too in a section of there own but DONE like this one.SOOOOOO professional ...
Thanks for thinking of us. Tim

How many of you buy the packers and then separate the point and flat to smoke separately?
Burnt ends are just so dang good!! Aren't they?:twisted:

It's more cost effective to buy this way, right?

Thanks Chris! Now if only I can find a packer brisket, and not those 5-7 # flats at Costco...

I have cook several briskets but I learn a lot from this. You did a great job explaining the flat and point always had trouble with that. JOB WELL DONE

This is amazing, thank you! This will be essential to my success when I Q my first brisket!

Thanks,
Matt Weber

Great tutorial. BUT women just do not understand. Mine has been cooking since 7 this Am and not quite there. She just keeps fussing that it takes too long. I really thought I would be good at 12 hours but did not take in the weather

Back