Another Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Knows what a fatty is.
Been reading the UDS thread, got a cooker full of good info from it. Thanks!

Currently using a 25+ year old home built offset (24" diameter pipe with 1/4" walls, built by a neighbor) but the firebox is too small and it's burnt/rusted through in several spots (hard to control air). Also, using a 35+ year old "Patio Pal" grill/smoker, also worn out. I've worn out several Weber kettles and keep coming back to the two old pits, which were old but still too good to toss.

Been burning meat since I was a lad of 7 when dad got tired of cooking and told me how while he watched and drank beer, he never complained if it was burnt. How old am I now... Well... I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot.

Since I need a new pit I decided to try my hand at building one. I'll blame everyone here for encouraging me if my wife gets mad. It will be a modified UDS gasser. Decided to try something different after all these years on coal. Got the drum and the burner, just have to put it together. Will post pictures when it's finished.

Sorry to disappoint...

The name comes from a friend who says I'm not old enough to be an "old coot," as in an eccentric foolish old man. So, she just calls me Cooter, kind of a younger version of a coot.

Sorry to disappoint...

The name comes from a friend who says I'm not old enough to be an "old coot," as in an eccentric foolish old man. So, she just calls me Cooter, kind of a younger version of a coot.

I believe the proper title then would be cootette.

But since we aren't all that big on formality, "cooter" it is. Welcome and I hope we get to see pictures of the new pit's construction.

Hey there Cooter!
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Cooter. I just love cooter. Really I do.

Welcome to the backyard Cooter...post often & enjoy!

Say hey to Andy, Barney, Floyd & the rest of the gang for us :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back