Which Simply Marvelous for Pork Butt?

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have four bottles, Sweet Seduction, Spicey Apple, Pecan and Peppered Cow. I'm gonna smoke a butt on the offset tomorrow with mostly hickory mini logs and RO lump. Just wondering which rub would be best.

Either Sweet Seduction, Spicy Apple, or Pecan will be fantastic.
I haven't tried the Peppered Cow on pork, but I bet it would be great too.

But your question is really a "personal preference" question.
You wont know which one is best, until you have tried them all.

I finally bought some Simply Marvelous. I was in the Katy area and managed to drag myself off to the mall, and got some from Bass Pro shop. Still haven't had the opportunity to use any. Shame is my name.

I just did this recently: try Sweet Seduction but then add a light layer of Peppered Cow to it. Brought a little "snap" to the pork!

I like my pork sweet, actually I like most of my Q sweet so my go to is SM Cherry.
Al like a little kick so his fav is SM Spicy Apple.
Last weekend I got crazy and put both on ribs and some wings. They were awesome, so I would try Sweet Seduction & Spicy Apple

You've got to try the Sweet Seduction. Don't let the pit temps get too high. Next chance you get, order some Habanero Death Dust from Oakridge BBQ and mix that half and half with the Sweet Seduction. These two rubs were just MADE for each other. Absolutely KILLER on baby backs too.

You can't go wrong with any of them. I love to use a base coat of Season-All, let it sweat and then add a coat of sweet seduction and let it sweat. THen put it on the smoker.

Since you don't have season-all, just go sweet seduction. It doesn't have any heat or much salt so it might be slightly sweet , but sweet goes great with pork!

Well I forgot to check back before throwing it on. I went with a generous amount of Sweet Seduction. Also I pussed out and used the Traeger. It's freakin' cold today. About 18 degrees now. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have two more butts in the freezer so there will be some more experimentation.

Next time try the Pecan. It's my favorite rub for butts period. Truthfully, you can't go wrong with any SM product.

You also need to get some season all. I put it on everything I eat.

Back