• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New WSM - First smoke

Stxhunter

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Just got a new WSM smoker 22.5". I've used a bradley smoker for the past 3-4yrs with decent results, but never really had the flavor I was looking for. I switched to this WSM last week and was very impressed to say the least. I was able to keep the temps in the 230 F range for the entire smoke with less hassle than what I was expecting. I smoked with hickory which produced a very nice smoke flavor, something I hadn't really tasted on the bradley despite my best efforts. I used the 3-2-1 method on these ribs with a rub I mixed up. The results were the best spare ribs I've ever made and possibly the best I've eaten anywhere. At $1.49 per lb at the grocery store I think I'm guna be putting some in the freezer for future smokes.

Ribs_zps5435baa6.jpg

That is a beautiful thing right there, congrats on you're success! :-D

BTW, Welcome looking forward to more!!:thumb:

The ribs look good! If you have a Foodsaver or similar you can vacuum seal whole racks, freeze and then reheat in boiling water.

The more you use your new rig, the better it will hold rock solid temps as the gunk builds up.

Great looking first cook! Congratulations.

Nice ribs and great price! I'd fill the freezer at that price.

The WSM is great for both the lazy AND busy smoker. :thumb: (not that any Brethren are lazy :rolleyes:).

The ribs look good! If you have a Foodsaver or similar you can vacuum seal whole racks, freeze and then reheat in boiling water.

Agree! I was skeptical before trying this, but it is amazing how great the leftovers taste!
Good looking ribs!

Back