Playing with peppers. Habanero Mango Apple Salsa

El Ropo

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Roger
I was in a playful mood a couple days ago, so tried my hand at habanero mango salsa. I had an extra Gala apple on hand, so it was tossed in too.

The goods:

1 Mango
1 Gala apple
1 Habanero pepper
1 Jalapeno pepper
1 Serrano pepper
1 Thai pepper
1 Manzata pepper (fleshy and super hot)
1 Hatch pepper
1 Green pepper
3 ripe roma tomatoes
5 heads of green onion
1 medium sweet onion
5 medium sized cloves of garlic (pressed)
1 tablespoon fresh ground 5 color peppercorns
1 teaspoon low sodium salt (yes it does exist)
a couple shakes of granulated garlic
a couple shakes of onion powder
a couple shakes of chili powder'
a couple light shakes of cumin
4 oz apple cider vinegar
4 oz guava nectar

I diced everything up and tossed it in the blender. Set it to chop for about 30 seconds, then changed over to mix for another half minute. Stirred it all around, then pulsed a few times.

Oh my! I ended up with three 16 oz jars of some of the best salsa I've ever tasted. Super flavorful up front, then a long fairly robust burn with a flavorful long finish. This stuff is like eating candy, I can't get enough.

It might look like a lot of hot peppers, but in combination with the mango and apple, it is really tasty. Like a flavor explosion in your mouth.

Didn't char the hatch, just diced up the meat on all the peppers and tried to discard the cores and seeds. Only exception was the Manzata and the Thai pepper. Those were diced up whole and tossed in the pool. I am used to hot food, so this stuff is great for me. People who don't care for heat might get uncomfortable sampling this stuff.

Back