Lang Smoker?

trance309

Reaction score
Hi all, i would just like some opinions. I am looking into a new smoker. I was looking at the Lang smokers, anyone use one? Anyone know how they are?

Any help would be great TY.

Lang has a great reputation and a bunch of the Brethren use them. i'm sure you will hear good stuff here.

Awesome thank you, the more i look at them the more i think that's what i'm going to get.

I know 2 friend that have langs and they love them. It is very rare to find a used lang for sale . Which tells you they are great smokers . I built my own RF smoker just like a lang and i would not trade it for nothing . Works great and in my own opinion the RF smoker is the only way to go .

I have an older model lang 84 - cooks like a charm- it is a hands on cooker you need to feed it a log every 45 min or so but turns out some great BBQ

When these threads come up everyone seems to like whatever they have. That being said I have a lang 48 and love it. The only other thing I have smoked on was a 29$ brinkman bullet so I have nothing to compare it to. If you make the leap you will not be disappointed.

I cook on a Lang with my competition teammate - it puts out a great product.

The true aspect why I owned (3) Langs... was sold on them on one clear detail.

Back in 2008 -saw a Lang 60 and (2) Lang 84's side by side... all fired up.
Each one was loaded to the max... would choke out and unable to maintain temps on lessor quality pits. The Langs were just cooking and working without any burps or struggles whatsoever.

That is why I own a Lang.

Whatever size you prefer... Lang smokers are a great choice.

If you like to tend the fire, Langs are great cookers.

Does anyone here own and use a Lang? No.

Anyone know how they are? No.

When you get yours, and you hate it, I'll take it off your hands for the scrap metal $$.

:razz:

I think I have probably the oldest one around. I need to replace the racks, but that's because the previous owner didnt take good care of her... That said, she still cooks like a dream. And, I'm known for loadin' 'er up.

It does take a lot of tending to the fire.....but I love that aspect of smoking! I have a 48 and truly enjoy every minute I spend with it. It turns out a great hunk of meat . I'm sure there are other smokers out there that do their job well, I just know I'm very happy with my Lang 48.

I have the 36 and love it. Holds temps like a champ. I wish I would have gone bigger though.

Back