Fatty for the anything goes comp

Anything goes meat is a filet mignon and lobster fest.
Dessert, "Cheesecake Wars".
On occassion, a very creavity dish will place.
A fatty turtle (Harry So) would be better than just a bacon explosion fatty.

We do Bacon Explosions in the anything goes categories all the time. We're normally up against beef tenderloin or cheesecakes, but can still hold our own. We turned one in last weekend and it was 1 tenderness point away from a perfect score. We ended up 4th place....behind 3 perfect score desserts.

doughboy from Pelletheads.com turned this in at 2011 AR...I think it was Bichelmeyer's sausage of KC, his own rub I believe. I think there were about 300 entries that year.

38. Pelletheads.com
999 989 988 989 989 988

IMG_1261.jpg

On a whim...I turned this Breakfast Stuffie in for 2010...I think it got around 75th out of about 180 entries.

Not sure a sausage entry is gonna wow the folks for an anything butt, that will be your only hurdle...

I think the days of turning in just a link or cut up link are over at the AR...

Has anyone used a Fatty or stuffed fatty for the anything goes comp? what were the results?

[

doughboy from Pelletheads.com turned this in at 2011 AR...I think it was Bichelmeyer's sausage of KC, his own rub I believe. I think there were about 300 entries that year.

38. Pelletheads.com
999 989 988 989 989 988

On a whim...I turned this Breakfast Stuffie in for 2010...I think it got around 75th out of about 180 entries.

Not sure a sausage entry is gonna wow the folks for an anything butt, that will be your only hurdle...

I think the days of turning in just a link or cut up link are over at the AR...

Those were in the sausage category or in an anything but?

I couple weeks ago, I had the best fatty I ve ever tasted at Frederick MD. Our own Tack made a crazy, Cajun/Creole jambalaya fatty that was off the hook good. I think it might do well in any category.

They were at the Royal, with the dedicated sausage category...That is why I commented that to try a Fattie as an Anything Butt entry, although it maybe great, might not have enough Wow factor when you think what else might be turned in...

But your experience in MD just goes to prove I maybe wrong...

We just did last weekend. It was not the best fatty, I will admit it was not the best but it scored low average.

Eggspert

They were at the Royal, with the dedicated sausage category...That is why I commented that to try a Fattie as an Anything Butt entry, although it maybe great, might not have enough Wow factor when you think what else might be turned in...

But your experience in MD just goes to prove I maybe wrong...

Thanks, I was confused about an anything butt @ the Royal. I remembered the sausage category, do they ever do an anything butt/cooks choice there?

I think Tack's fatty was super good, but like you pointed out I'm not really sure if would have enough wow factor.

Back