Surprise in Minnetonka, MN

pbj

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I had the most pleasant surprise today. I had a meeting this afternoon held at a local sandwich shop. Hams Sandwich Shop at 14200-P Wayzata Blvd,
Minnetonka, Minnesota. I walked in to a delightful smoke aroma. I looked at the menu and saw a Texas Brisket sandwich and figured that would be the best indicator of what the BBQ was like. Heaven, nice smoke ring, pull apart tender with what was described as spicy sauce on the side. The brisket is smoked on site in what I was told was a Traeger pellet smoker, but didn't look like any I've seen. I asked to see it. It was 24"x24"x30"high (estimate) with a black finish. They also have pastrami on the menu which I will try when I go back.
Curly

Thanks for sharing the info. Might have to check that place out.

In town nextweek for a meeting...I will check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

A co-worker of mine HIGHLY recommends "Lone Spur Grill and Bar" in Minnetonka. Any comments or reviews of this Q-joint???
I wasn't aware that Lone Spur was a BBQ place. It's 2 miles north of my place.
As a side note, Lone Spur used to be Lone Star. Some other place has a copyright on the name, so they had to change it. Good selection of beer there.
Curly

Dang, my kid used to have music lessons right there when Schmidt's was next door. Never went there, ended up at Jimmy Johns instead. Now ya tell me!

Dang, my kid used to have music lessons right there when Schmidt's was next door. Never went there, ended up at Jimmy Johns instead. Now ya tell me!
It started out as the Spiral Cut Ham store with a small sandwich shop in it. The sandwich shop made more money than the hams did, so they put more emphasis on that. I went back for lunch yesterday to try the pastrami (also smoked on site) and was not disappointed. Mrs. Curly loved the brisket sandwich and MIL had the brisket/pastrami sandwich. They talked about how good it was all the way home.
Curly

As discussed in another thread, Baker's Ribs is pretty good. Some have reported excessive microwaving there, but at least when I went the brisket and ribs were quite good.

My only experience at Baker's was not a good one. Ribs were over done and cold, brisket was thin and tough. There is a place in Champlain that I've heard was good. I think it is QFanatic.

Back