The Weber Smokey Mountain Appreciation Thread

draftdinner2011001_0002.jpg

Everything about that picture is awesome you lucky farker!

Anyways, I purchased my 18.5 wsm a month ago. Man I love it, you guys were right it's amazing! I need a picture but it wouldn't be exciting just the wsm and a crappy apartmentatio haha.

I love mine! It holds temp all day and night.

It will still be at this temp at midnight if I let it go.

ac78e025.jpg

78f136a2.jpg

Have some ribs and chicken in mine right now!!

Chris

New addition to my pimped out Cajun Bandit bling laden comp bullet!

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5245.jpg

Fits the Performer as well!
IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5236.jpg

Bite the bullet!

i love my weber smokers . they are the best .I have 2 old models over 12 years old. Cant count anymore it makes me feel old. My cats help me smoke the ribs and salmon.
jasminebbqingpic.jpg

I found this siamese cat at a gas station when it was a kitten and it was 106 in August in
Phoenix saved the kittens life now she bbqs and hangs out with me,jave 2 more siamese and 2 hound dogs somewhere on the miniranch here in Arizona.
http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a 22.5" WSM last week and did a couple birds this weekend and cold smoked some cheese. Ribs and a pork butt on on the menu for the 4th!

Initial burn in...

5fab8d1d.jpg

Birds cooked at 325...

c926b205.jpg

Great thread. I grew up around inline stick burners. I was a bit skeptical of cooking inside something that looked like a relative of R2D2. But...I took the leap and bought the 22.5 over 2 years ago and it's friggen awesome. Honestly for the amount of cook space for $400 it's not a bad deal considering it will last a long time. Once she gets stable she'll just cruise.

She's been through Superbowls, National Holidays, Army-Navy, turkeys, ribs, pork shoulders, briskets, ABTs, ham, duck, chicken, sausage...and she's still young!

I want to buy a couple more to start vending at a local farmers market next year after I finish servsafe, and all the other legal mumbo-jumbo.

I really like mine, at first it was frustarting then I stopped trying to run it like my Chargriller and shazam now I'm happier than a pig in slop with it.

I have to say as a proud owner of a 18.5" Weber I now even though its absolutely pointless for my needs I want a 22.5! Maybe just maybe for Christmas

Why is it pointless for your needs?

I have more than enough space for the wife and I, occasional extra couple of racks and chicken for family. I have my Fugly drum if I really need it and two mini WSMs.
My problem is I just want it, which means it will show up at some point, then the rotisserie and rib o later too. Not that its a bad thing, its just a pain to ask for forgiveness all the time:rolleyes:

I like the tray mod and whats holding up the cutting board? Is that one leg and resting on the tray?
I just feel like I am missing something :wacko:

That's what I'd like to know...is he a magician??:laugh:

The WSM is so versatile that we don't even know all the hidden potential.

hangingwiththebabes.jpg

spectacular2.jpg

Just wait until I unveil my next mod, it will turn the WSM into a grilling machine. :becky:

Back