here is my CL find from last night
119712c7.jpg

I have to admit to being shocked when I opened the box. I never thought it would be in this good shape.............but I ain't complaining!!!!

I'd made another post on this, but thought I'd throw it in the WKAS thread for posterity.

12+-+1

12+-+3

12+-+2

12+-+5

The local guy wanted $150 to sandblast and powder coat the cart, I think I'll get him to sandblast it for $50 and spray paint it myself. :) Piece of scrap marble or granite or tile for the cutting board, and I'm halfway there.

Unfortunately, the kettle bowl is rusted out. So, I need an 18.5" Weber, preferably with no leg attachments... that may be hard to find. :(

I have a brand new 22.5 OTS and it's become my new love. I've used my old LP once since then mainly because I needed the additional grilling space for veggies.

That said, the wildlife in my town just chewed through my 3rd set of LP hoses, so it's nice that I have the charcoal now.

I've got to give it up for my Weber kettle. It's an '88 model, scarred and a little gray but still puts out some great food. I've dragged it around from Arizona, Germany, Louisiana, Florida and now back to Missouri.Here's some quarters I cooked on it last night, rubbed with Yardbird and cooked on KB with a chunk of apple wood.

Just picked up a Smokey Joe Gold and a blue 22.5" todaye for a total of $19. The SM is in great shape, the 22.5" needs some love. Will get pics when the rain stops.

Anyone know what paint matches the blue?

I've had my 22.5" kettle for 11 years now. I was buying a new Weber kettle for my dad for father's day and on the way home we stopped in Cub Foods to get meet for the BBQ. While in there they were giving away a 22.5" kettle for Father's Day. It was a Kingsford promotion and both handles had the Kingsford logo on them. A couple days later I got a call that I won the kettle! Dad had already fired up his new one so I took the one I won to college with me and have been cooking on it since.

It somehow survived my college years without getting broke or stolen. She's cooked up countless pounds of meat over the years My original grilling grate is finally giving up so I'm going to pick up a replacement.

Just a few goodies she's turned out...

IMG_2537.jpg

Bacon wrapped venison

IMG_2616.jpg

Feta stuff, bacon wrapped venison backstrap

P1030209.jpg

And a couple action shots cooking up fresh burger made from a 26 pound chuck roll

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

I need to gather the Weber family together for a group shot - this 22.5" kettle, a smokey joe silver, 22.5" WSM (only a couple weeks old) and a Q200 (also a couple weeks old).

I've had my 22.5" kettle for 11 years now. I was buying a new Weber kettle for my dad for father's day and on the way home we stopped in Cub Foods to get meet for the BBQ. While in there they were giving away a 22.5" kettle for Father's Day. It was a Kingsford promotion and both handles had the Kingsford logo on them. A couple days later I got a call that I won the kettle! Dad had already fired up his new one so I took the one I won to college with me and have been cooking on it since.

Are you sure you got a Weber? I know Kingsford used to make a knockoff kettle grill.

Cool. Nice score! That grub looks great. It's amazing how long they last and well those cookers cook. Bet that thing cost around $80 retail at the time and you could sell for near that price now.

What to do with the stray kettle that you used the lid for a UDS???
Weber Redneck firepit!

100_1714.jpg

I did the same thing with a 26.5" bottom that started rusting after 6 months and weber senrt me a replacement. Couldn't let it go to waste!

I've had a Weber Q120 for a while and I love it. I've always wanted a kettle and I came across a "Weber Grill" on Craigslist for $25. It was missing both casters and the bottom rack.

I documented the rebuild and will be posting it soon. A couple of new parts and a couple of hours did wonders.

Before:
1.jpg

After:
DSC08949new.jpg

i love my weber also ever since i switched from a gas grill my girls love the flavor way better so we bbq all year round.

Back