MOFOS to take on Bass Pro

spicewine

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Bass Pro competition September 9-10 Maximum 25 teams. Hope to see some new faces out there.

Skip: Better let your son do you chicken for you :twisted:

Good luck, Jay! Wish I could have entered this one too but couldn't swing it yet...

Best of Luck Brothers, may you all have a great time and walk often!!

Yep.........it's coming up.......still not excited.......too much going on at work.......hoping that changes in the next couple of days.......We'll turn something in.......and hope for the best....

Sounds like we might have some electrical issues this weekend! They are now saying that if you want power, you need to bring a 150' extention cord. Let's see Motor home AC on a 110 -- 150' cord = no AC :cry:

Let's see Motor home AC on a 110 -- 150' cord = no AC

Aw c'mon Jay! All you have to do it cycle it.....turn it on.....cord starts glowing....shut it off....wait for cord to quit smoking.....turn it on again.....just make sure there's no dry grass under the cord....LOL.

23 teams
Several Brethren getting to walk.

Congrats to Skip and family for getting the Grand Champion award.
Congrats to Team Q on their 5th place finish.
Congrats to BellyBro and BBII for their walks in chicken (9th) and ribs (7th).

Judges didn't like my pork (16th) and brisket (17th) this time..... :( I'm still trying to justify the judges marks, but I can't.......worst scoring I've ever seen, no consistancy. No way our presentations were worthy of 5s and 6s....you guys have seen pictures of our turn in boxes and made comments that they were some of the best you've ever seen....The brisket taste was right on, tenderness was close, pork was a sure top 10, in my books.
The Bellys did a great job.......Myself, I expected better from, and personally, I think it was there....Ol' Mr. Kick just didn't pull his weight in this one....

Again, congrats to all that got to walk......

Yeah Kick... in fact, one picture you posted of a pork box was THE best I've seen! Sounds like you didn't fare too well in getting experienced judges maybe?

Back