Roll Call. Inside 30 days. All American - Rancho Cordova, CA

Gadragonfly

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We are going out to Rancho Cordova to judge this contest. Flying from Georgia to San Francisco (more flight options than ATL -> Sacramento) and driving across to Lake Tahoe for a little R&R then to Rancho Cordova for the contest. I doubt we'll know anyone there. Are there any Brethern planning to attend this one?

Julie

I am cooking it. Should be a good contest! Looking forward to it!

I'll be there ruining some meat oh yea! ;) Have a safe trip.

I plan on going and looking around. I am sure I will be doing a lot of drooling..

We'll be there. It's in our neighborhood; if you have any questions about the area let us know.

It will probably be HOT in Sacramento :mad2: (100 degrees is not unusual that time of year) cool in SF (65 degrees for the high is not unusual), and there's no telling in Lake Tahoe - could be snow...could be 100 :confused:

Stop buy and say "hey".

Safe travels!

I'll stop by on Saturday to visit with a few people in the evening hours.

We bought an air conditioner for our trailer as a precaution.

July in Sac, it'll be hot no doubt about that.

BTW, my team is Bang A Drum, stop by and say hey.

Usually that is cool, but since this is a first year event I am not exactly sure of the logistics.

Just walk in and act like you know what you are doing...like picking up the trash...

Everyone should leave you alone then. Stop by Huminie's Hogalicous BBQ!

Thanks for your replies everyone. We're looking forward to visiting with Bretheren while we're out there. 100 degrees, you say? We haven't quite hit that in Georgia yet but we're sneaking up on it. Yours is a dry heat, right :heh: . We plan to raft the American River on Friday. Our original plans were to go down the Middle Fork but we had a call that the water is too high to run that section so we're going down the South Fork. Are there other "must see/do" things in the Sacramento area that we might not be aware of? Our preferences run to science/natural history/aeronautical museums, local history, wineries and breweries.

Since turn in is on Sunday I'm assuming everyone gets set up and begins prepping on Saturday? If so, we'll plan on making a pass through to meet folks then.

See you in a few weeks.
Julie

If you are up running the river you could drive another hour or two and get to Sierra Nevada Brewing.

http://www.sierranevada.com/directions.html

There are also more wineries than you can count...

If you are up on the river Coloma where Sutter found gold is not far away.

umm...and ya it is a dry heat. As long as you are in the shade the heat is not terrible.

Dan

Ya...it is a dry heat...but then again, so is a pizza oven!
hot-and-sweaty.gif

By the way, the picking up trash comment was a reference to your screen name basuraman!

Ya...it is a dry heat...but then again, so is a pizza oven!
hot-and-sweaty.gif

I love it when someone makes that comment. 105 is 105 whether it's dry or humid - I don't care what anyone else says!! Looking forward to judging this one, it sounds like fun.

Julie

Haahaa! Ya...I know humidity sucks and can make a temperature feel hotter than it really is...been there, done that...but at some point hot is just hot.

Hope to meet you next week! Make sure to pack plenty of 9s! In fact bring enough to share with the other judges...NorCal judges don't seem to carry many on them...:rolleyes:

LOL

Haahaa!
Hope to meet you next week! Make sure to pack plenty of 9s! In fact bring enough to share with the other judges...NorCal judges don't seem to carry many on them...:rolleyes:

LOL

Ha! Too true!! :thumb:

Back