How to find a sponsor step #1

grossepellets

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In the process of trying to find a team to "sponsor" I am wondering what teams are thinking when they post "I need a Sponsor" and then you can't find them on the internet.

Here is the Grossepellets method of gaining interest from a sponsor - step #1

BE VISIBLE -IF you are going to sign up for say KCBS as a member can you also post a link, a name, a contact link, a state in which you reside -a zip code, a possible way to be contacted maybe a website or a friends website. You may also want to post your email address or maybe a friends email or phone number.

If a sponsor reads "I want to be sponsored" and then spends a few clicks trying to track you down thru search engines and the like but finds nothing chances are pretty good you wont have a sponsor no matter how well you cook! :eusa_clap

If your team burns wood in anyway in competition please feel free to drop me a PM. We are seeking teams who would like to be sponsored that also can make themselves visible, can carry a conversation, and if at all possible a team that can have fun. Thanks

Your post is a bit confusing....but I like sponsors and I think I'm easy to find. Feel free to PM me if you want to.

My post above is a joke... Fred (Mojorbricks) and I are going into season #2 as a primary sponsor of my team. the bricks are great, I wish i had a stick burner to use them to their full potential, (theres a thought Fred... a Jambo powered by Mojobricks, sounds like a good deal for me!) last year in comps i was getting anywhere from 6-10 hours on a mojobrick and a half chimney of charcoal.

i run an spicewine doing an pre season run this weekend I would love to try this :icon_shy

Hello All I posted this because I spent time looking for teams to sponsor and found it very hard to track down the couple I latched onto. This morning we have about a dozen PM's.

Big JT has been a big help for us understanding the product. Jack up BBQ has also been a big help. We have had it in use in BBQ for a little more then 2 years. Without the help of these first two sponsored teams we would not have had the product we now have.

IF you PM me please include your name, ph #, email, and location of your team.
visit mojobricks online for additional info

We are a new unique product - unlike anything on the market. Big JT took a chance on it! You should have seen the look on his face when we first met up! Apparently it was a good idea at the time!:idea: :clap2:

HOW TO FIND A SPONSOR # 2 As my tennis coach once yelled at me and said; "Fred you think to much!" What he was really saying was do not ASSUME
Later in life you learn that by making assumptions you make an Ass of U n Me.

Saying things like "do you really cook over that?" :shocked: or using language like you know more about their product then they do may not get you the job! Insulting the sponsor is probably not going to win you friends or influence them the way you had hoped.

I should Know, I insulted Paul Konrad of WGN TV yesterday. Told him he looked better with hair! Maybe I should have asked him if he lost weight!
Try doing this put yourself in their shoes-
TURN THE TABLES - Pick a sponsor and become them -you are the sponsor - Ask yourself - whats in it for me? and before you send out your inquiry make a list of ten things you would want from a team you sponsor and then send your inquiry.

Last edited:
Step # hey this thing is working out pretty well! We have heard from a bunch of great people and I am tickled pink to think so many people want to burn Mojobricks! Hopefully some will even use them in their smokers!:p
We will take inquiries up until 3/26. If you get in late try to turn our first set of questions around asap. Thanks!

Back