Pulling Pork

S

sigmasmokers

I saw this thing at a BBQ joint here in town that they pull their pork with. I has a handle and kind of looks like some kind of claw. Does anyone have any experience with one of these things and if it is worth it, does anyone know where to find them?

Thanks

Steve

I bought mine at BBB they work great.I first saw them at a competion here when i helped a team from San Diego.

yup.. Bear claws. use them for lifting briskets and butts... ok for pullig, but i liike to clean the butts as i pull so I dont use them for that.. but they are handy tools.

Phil,

What do you mean by cleaning your butt? By the way, this is a serious question...

Steve

I suspect that Phil likes to pick out all of the fat and other stuff that isn't meat. But then again, with the Poohbah one never really knows. I'm not a huge fan of pulled pork, but it works better for me doing it with forks and/or my hands. I can feel the meat and pick out anything that doesn't have the texture I want. As always with my posts about pulled pork consider the source and wait for more informed opinions.

I just ordered me and Aeynghus a pair of Bear Paws. For six bucks how wrong can you go?

Back