Catfish n Hushpuppies

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've been too busy to smoke anything this week. :redface:

I did stockpile some snowballs for the 4th of July....

002-3-1.jpg

002-4-1.jpg

012-4-1.jpg

Then fried up some of the catfish I caught this summer...

4caa9896-1.jpg

e0d4c3bc-1-1.jpg

cf1d3d56-1.jpg

002-5-1.jpg

004-4-1.jpg

010-5-1.jpg

017-2-1.jpg

026-2-1.jpg

It was kinda tasty!

034-2-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Stuck at work having coffee and Poptarts for dinner and you have to go and post something like this? Now I need real food. Looks great.

Jeanie as always very appetizing!! Thank God for the Freezer!!

Stuck at work having coffee and Poptarts for dinner and you have to go and post something like this? Now I need real food. Looks great.

I'd fed ex some to ya Mike! :-D Thanks....

Thanks Phyphor! I agree with ya.. sure is nice to have stuff on hand from summer. :)

Looks fantastic! Catfish is very dear to my heart - thanks for posting!

Looks great Jeanie! I just caught a couple catfish while ice fishing last weekend, fried them up along with the crappie I caught, good stuff right there!

Love that catfish! Lots of places in the Sooner state to catch them too! Couple of years ago at a dove hunt a buddy and I cooked up a batch using cornmeal, flour, and parmesan cheese in equal parts. It did not suck. (almost forgot we added a little bit of cayenne pepper also) Care to share your recipe?

Fabulous plate there! There's nothing better than wild catfish:thumb:, well, except for more:-D

Wait... You fried some snowballs!?!?! You must have different snow out there!

Oh... I just read the words... :oops:

That all looks great, Jeanie! :becky: :becky:

I had catfish for lunch yesterday also,but mine were Farm raised.Those look excellent Jeanie.

Nice looking dinner!

I'll trade you some Canadian snowballs (far superior to yours) for some Catfish?

{sigh} Didn't think so.

kinda tasty

Your kinda tasty is my really freaking good I think. I would like a plate of that!

Great looking cook as always!

Two things, no doubt someone already asked, would you share your batter recipe and did you use the same recipe for your hush puppies?

Back