GRUNTER's belly mod

mmmmeat

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
hey all,

im laid up offa work cuz of this stupid sprained ankle... but doc said light duty... so i figured drilling some holes wouldnt put me above light on the duty scale, so i chugged onward.

GRUNTER has needed an upper rack for quite some time and the FIL's ole charbroil gasser got retired for a new stainless one last year for father's day but we still had it layin around... and it had an upper rack... so it got robbed!!

i heated it up on the new grill so i could get off some of the rust scrubbed it down with the grill brush a good few time lubed it up with some canola oil, reheated, and rescrubbed, then rinsed it heated it dry and oiled it again...
IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

BUT FIRST, i measured and drilled holes for some threaded hooks from which to hang said rack
IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

drumroll please
IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

i used such long hooks so that i could have the adjustment i needed for a different grate if needed
this is with the rectangle grate
IMG_1536.jpg

this is with UG's grate
IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

it's not much, but it'll fit a whole buncha MOINKS i like UG's grate for pigcandy, i bet i could fit a single rack of spares on the rectangle one, so it'll get it's use just fine now i gotta do some experimenting see what my temps are gonna be up there , prolly be much higher since heat rises and all,but time will tell,

thanks for readin,

Kevin

you should be able to use it for lot of stuff can't get too much room. Is that a direct heat barrel smoker

you should be able to use it for lot of stuff can't get too much room. Is that a direct heat barrel smoker

it's direct heat...ish... the fire box is in the back say..430-500 ish if lookin from the side but i have a 1/4 in plate in the smoke chamber with 4 in of opening on the right then the exhaust is on the left, bottom lined with fire bricks

if you are interested check it here my "build thread" on FB
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=118446&id=578407758&l=bf4c9059c5

my own discription is VVVVVVVV down in the sigline

Back