View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #26
Alexa RnQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Location: the Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZILLA View Post
You want higher scores? Learn to cook better. A low score should be all the comment you need. If you're a cooker you should be able to figure it out like all the others that took the time and made the effort and investment to get it right without some self righteous CBJ telling you what direction to head. You want a CBJ to tell you what's wrong? Really? You would end up with rubber stamp BBQ.
I think our record would substantiate that we have indeed learned to cook better. And we still see way too many rogue scores to just blow it off. If one is fortunate to live in an area with a plethora of experienced and consistent judges, it's a non-issue for you -- that doesn't mean it isn't an issue for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
As far as mandatory comment cards at any given number, whatever one you choose (4,5,6) it puts a mental block that says if I give that number I have to fill out a card. Chances are you'll never see that number or lower again.
Every judge that fills out a comment card now for those numbers refutes that idea. I would not, however, advocate a mandatory card for a 6.

[url=http://www.rhythmnque.com]Rhythm 'n QUE[/url]
Alexa RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote