Blues, Views & BBQ...

WannaBeBBQueen

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is the letter I received this morning...

BBQ Teams:

Sorry for the delay in getting info out for this year's Blues, Views and BBQ Festival. We have had several meetings and conversations with a variety of people to determine the best path forward for our event.

After month's of deliberation, we have decided to move Blues, Views and BBQ in a different direction and unfortunately, we will not be hosting a KCBS Competition this year.

This decision was not easily made. A big part of our event's success was based on the fact we hosted a CT State Championship with wonderful people and teams. I am personally saddened by this change, but we need to do what's best for our town and event.

The simple fact is that having a KCBS Competition two weeks after a KCBS Competition one town away, is not that special anymore. We want and need our event to be special.

The good news for all of you is a CT State Championship still exists and I encourage all of you to enter The BBQ Competition at the Norwalk Oyster Festival this year. They are a good group of people and I fully support their efforts to create a World Class KCBS event.

Blues, Views and BBQ will focus on a community event with an incredible line-up of music on the Levitt Stage, lots of activities for families, a more developed cooking demo program, our highly successful Backyard Event, an Invitational Grilling and Iron Chef Throwdown contest and a new Kids Q. (We will be contacting a few teams for the Invitational Grilling and Throwdown Event in the coming months)

Thank you all for you support the last two years and I wish you well for a highly successful competition season this year.

Best Regards,

Bob LeRose
Blues Views and BBQ
Westport, CT 06880
www.bluesviewsbbq.com

Not surprised considering that KCBS shafted him last year by approving a contest 3 miles away the weekend before his original date forcing Bob to move his event back a weekend.

Back