Smoking with the MOAB

Bigdog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here is a pic of me doing my second smoke on the MOAB. Got temp control dialed in and did a 10 hour smoke. In the pic are baby backs and a couple of fatties. Also smoked this weekend were brisket, chuckies, sausage, pig candy, a pot of Keri C's beans and almonds. Everything came out great. :cool:

Steve's Smoker.jpg

Above the ribs were 2 packages of what we think were fajitas that Jorge had brought to the Royal last year and did not cook. I smoked them for a couple hours and we muched them down as a snack. Called them "mystery meat."

Last edited:
I am only 5 minutes away............Knock....Knock.....Knock.......

And for everyone else. The MOAB is really the OBASOBB, OneBiggAssSonOfABitchBandera!!!!

Looks good Steve!!!

Nice Steve !! looking really happy.

Good to see that pit back in action... Phil may start shedding a a tear when checks this thread out.

I am only 5 minutes away............Knock....Knock.....Knock.......

And for everyone else. The MOAB is really the OBASOBB, OneBiggAssSonOfABitchBandera!!!!

Looks good Steve!!!
Ya, I owe you one Bro.

Nice Steve !! looking really happy.

Good to see that pit back in action... Phil may start shedding a a tear when checks this thread out.

He's welcome to come here and use it any time. She is happy in her new home next to the deck. Next summer I will extend the patio and make an great outdoor cooking area. Right now she is on plywood and grass.

We would love to see those almonds! MOAB sure looks purdie!

I did the almonds and pig candy on the top 2 shelves later in the day. I'll see if I have a pic.

Well at least we know that you and the MOAB are in the same place! Nice job on the food!

Nice looking job there, never sure about mystery meat though.

Real nice pron there Bigdog, I guess your not a multi-tasking person. Nothing to be ashamed about, that's why they call her your better half..LOL...

First timer

Did a pork butt the other day on a weber wanna be. 6.5 pounds, rub and apple juice injection. Started it at 11 am (I know way late lol) let it cook til 11:30 pm when the internal temp hit 190 F. took it off wraped it in foil with a little apple juice and let cook another hour and a half as I didn't think it was tender enough. Took it off and let rest a half hour, and started pulling.....Man I now know what all the fuss is about, my upstairs neighbor came by and asked if he could buy a plate, my son is eating it for breakfast cold, I've never had anything like it. Thank you all for all the posts I learned from.
My questions are; I mounted a temp. guage in the top of the lid, is this the reason my cooking time was so long, as I need a guage on the grilln to get a true reading ?
Cook temp was 225. Also I copied the bricketts, 2 bricks and a water pan set-up, is the water pan essential? Again thank you all and props to "Simply Marvelous BBQ's Season All.

I'd post pics if I could figure it out

I hear that Mike,
did a pork butt yesterday and 3 racks of backs today with a few other goodies for fun, no pics, I know.

Great shot of you and the MOAB, looks great and bet the chow tasted even better.

Mike? WTF is Mike? :confused:

Back