I'm In Fairbanks, Alaska - What do you want to see?

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm up here visiting family this week (I was born and raised here). I want to shoot a couple videos for my "Texas 2.5" YouTube channel from Alaska.

I shot a "pan fried halibut taco" vid the other night with my dad, who got me into cooking and smoking. What else would you find interesting? I hope to shoot at least one or two more up here and will post them over the coming weeks.

Open to your ideas!

I could go for some salmon, or other fish from that area, smoked or grilled. If you fight any bears, that would be cool too! :wacko::peep:

So, I got super busy after I posted this and all I've filmed so far is a halibut taco with creamy dill sauce video with my dad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDYnCOtzM0&t=5s

Will see what I can do for the last few days I'm here. I've gotten a bunch of good scenery shots from the area, and I like the idea of showing super market prices. Some things here are outrageously expensive (I'm told sheetrock is over $20/sheet right now......and one of my friends pays about $300/month for water because he doesn't live close enough for city water, and the well on his property has arsenic. So he has to have water delivery service at $.11 cents per gallon. He has a 1,000 gallon tank in his garage filled every ten days.).

We'll see what I can get done this weekend! Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
So, I got super busy after I posted this and all I've filmed so far is a halibut taco with creamy dill sauce video with my dad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDYnCOtzM0&t=5s

Will see what I can do for the last few days I'm here. I've gotten a bunch of good scenery shots from the area, and I like the idea of showing super market prices. Some things here are outrageously expensive (I'm told sheetrock is over $20/sheet right now......and one of my friends pays about $300/month for water because he doesn't live close enough for city water, and the well on his property has arsenic. So he has to have water delivery service at $.11 cents per gallon. He has a 1,000 gallon tank in his garage filled every ten days.).

We'll see what I can get done this weekend! Thanks for the input!

Great vid. Very entertaining. Y'all come on down sometime we we will show you how we fry fish. Yours looks Great! :thumb:

Back