oysters and baccon with pron.

L

love2q

this is an easy thing to make for partys or over a camp fire....

on the gril is fine. i made it on the stove once and it tasted like bacon and pond water... im guessing it didnt get the smoke flavor who knows but over a fire this is friggin great...

you will need

toothpicks
1 pound of baccon per can of oysters
feeds about 3 -4 people depending on how many folks eat..

20130420_222215_zpsc3c76db8.jpg

cut the bacon in half and wrap around an oyster secur with a tooth pick pretty simple... add as much baccon and oyster to each to suite you own taste.... you dont want a huge moth full of either as this is a pretty rich snack.
20130420_225238_zps8b1490b6.jpg

start with a good fire on the grill you want to use a skilliet for this doing them right over the grill will basically turn into a bunch of tiny fire balls due to the baccon grease.
20130420_225248_zps2801e1ae.jpg

you want to cook it over pretty high heat.. i find theese better with crispy baccon you dont want to be squishing chewy baccon in your mouth with oyster..
20130420_225421_zpsa30f6bf9.jpg

so this is about 8-10 mins into cooking.. and i like to let them sit in the baccon grease as they cook then at the end dump the grease on the fire....use caution doing this.. use youe head grease on flame = bigger flame.. but i do it anyhow put the skillet over the flame and let them krisp up..
20130420_225859_zps5cae6b37.jpg

and viola you have a great lil snack something different beside lil smokies or what not.. if you are a little more adventurous i have done the same thing with chicken liver and its great as well...

toatal cook time is about 15 mins per batch.. depending on your skillet
when camping we make 2 pounds of baccon and 2 cans of oysters at a time and it takes about 20 mins to get them all cripsy and good you are just cooking the baccon and flavoring the oyster..
we use regular cut hickory baccon..

so let me know how i did on my first food post with pron..

sorry pics are a lil blurry i used my phone to take them.. at night

Never knew you could get Oysters in a tin,?
Nice looking pickings mate:thumb:

Something about oysters and fire; just a great combination. I've grilled oysters on the shell before, but never wrapped in bacon. Sounds and looks delicious!

I am absolutely going to try this. Are they more brine-y in the can? We get them in glass jars or by the dozen in shell. Think I know what we're having for dinner...

I've never had this but i'm slobbering all over my keyboard!!!!!....What a GREATGREAT Idea!!!:clap2:

Really? Canned oysters?? You are a BRAVE individual.
I've heard horror stories about canned oysters.

Freshly shucked and I'd hit those in a heartbeat!

Been doing the canned deal for years camping.. Never any problems

Looks great! I'll give them a try. Thanks for the post!

I got me some fresh oysters and some homemade bacon done... May have to try this. Great idea!

Back